About the ESK8 Electronics category

Hi all, I wanna asking some question about battery. Generally, Three brands of the battery on the market which is used to build skateboard: LG, Samsung, and Sanyo. there are many model about each brands. I wonder how I can distinguish about those model of Samsung.Such 30Q, 35E. What is it?

1 Like

Hey Esk8 builders i have a question.

After Finishing My new Setup wich is 10s3P, with bms, vedders antispark and vesc 4, i disconnected the on/off button from the antispark to cut Out the holes for the enclosure. After that i See the vesc turned on. Plugged Out everything to turn OFF the vesc. (I know now, that this wasnā€˜t good at all)

But anyway, now the vesc will Not turn on again. Do i burnet my vesc with that move? Plugged in the vesc directly to the battery, Same thing, it wont Go on. No blinking, nothing.

Thanks for your help.

Hello guys, I had this same issue, what fixed it for me is by going to the ā€œadvancedā€ tab in the motor config of the bldc tool. There should be a section labeled, ā€œCurrent controlā€ under that there should be startup boost. Make sure you are in bldc mode and make dkt test the number higher. I think the default is 0.010, try making it 0.050 or 0.060. This should get rid of the shaking and give you a gentle start.

More esk8 electronics being developed at eā€‹skā€‹8.nā€‹ews

Hey guys, recently I created my own Li-ION battery pack 10s4p to use on an electric scooter I am building. I also attached a balancing BMS with over/under charging protection and everything. I then got a 42V 2A charger for the pack and the charger itself was rated to come with battery protection circuitry. After testing it out tho, the charger seems to stop charging when the pack reaches only 37V, which is the nominal voltage of the pack since ~3.7V times 10 in series is 37V. But shouldnt the charger go all the way to around 42V since that is the true fully charged capacity of the pack. Has anyone dealth with something like this? Thanks

ok so im not as old as i thought. i cant figure out either how to post a topic and figured i was just to darn old for these forums. i have an important question to askā€¦ :frowning:

Finishing up my first esk8 build and Im up to setting the parameters for the flipsky dual 6.6. I downloaded the vesc app to my android and got the bluetooth. Theres not much info on youtube, flipsky has a tutorial, its so fast and the guy is speaking chinese so its useless. I got through some of it I dont even know if its the right info I put in. My remote is the VX2 from flipsky and its not showing mph when the wheels turn, amps and battery life of the board. It also feels like its has only 1 speed HIGH with no transition. I know I set the wheels, pulley, and cells of the battery.

Has anyone bought Baja? Is an installment purchase possible to themļ¼Ÿ

am new user can i share my eboard topics here?

I got both my motors running but when I tried to ride one motor stopped after a few feet so I went back into the vesc tool and one vesc works fine but the other keeps randomly disconnecting when I try to do things like setup motor etc. should i replace that vesc Iā€™m using tb 4.12 vesc might just get a flipsky dual since im having so many problems with tb 4.12 vesc

Iā€™m a new member. I have an electronics question. How do I make a new post? I donā€™t seem to have the option anywhere.

so Iā€™m building a dual-motor off-road longboard and was wondering how to connect two vescā€™s without a can bus cable is this possible?

How to publish a new topic

Hey there, Ive got a problem, this is my first build and I cant manage to physically connect my flipsky 63100ā€™s hall sensors to my Stormcore 60D, it seems as the plugs donā€™t match, the ones on the motors have less space between them. Do I need to change the connection type/size? Which ones does the stormcore use?

Uploading: 24B3CD10-0771-4E2D-9507-7C96F84DDF67.jpegā€¦

Hello . I am new here and not sure how to navigate around here yet . I have a Backfire G2T with a bad circuit board . Everything else is fine and I donā€™t want to have to pay for a whole new battery unit for it . Does anyone know where I might be able to get a replacement or something that I could use instead ?

Thank you in advance .