About the ESK8 Electronics category

Can anyone help me find a supplier that sells Onan X2 batteries /chargers/remote controls?

Hey I have a benchwheel eskate that works but the battery lasts for 20min and max speed 12mph. It really can’t go any hills etc. Anyways I was wondering if you would know if its possible to add a second motor + change the battery. I’m quite new in these so any help is appreciated. Do I have to change the esc at the same time. Or if u have any ideas to make it more quick feel free to tell. This is my board.

skate

Hey guys, some context… First time posting here. I just built an electric skateboard. I started off with a cheap motor controller off eBay for $40 that got the job done surprisingly well but had a 12mph speed limit for some reason and whenever I braked standing on the board the belt connecting my motor would skip. This proves the motor and battery work fine. Given these two I upgraded to a Flipsky VESC off of Amazon and downloaded the VESC Tool because the motor would only activate in short bursts. I started the motor setup wizard and it could not complete a motor detection cycle. It showed a Detection Failed and I saw on another forum that I should go into terminal and enter faults. I did that and it said Undervoltage. Anybody know how I could fix this? Here are the specs:

10s2p custom lithium-ion battery at 38v fully charged w/ BMS 270kv sensorless motor Flipsky VESC

And some screenshots of the issue in VESC tool:

Screenshot%20(11) Screenshot%20(12)

There are pages of faults that all read like the first two brackets with slightly different numbers.

Finally, a picture of my board. It is on an Earthwings deck. Everything is stored inside a fiberglass shell I fabricated that is not on the board at the moment but sitting to the side. My battery, battery monitor, powerswitch, and charger are attached.

unnamed

Anything would help! I tried multiple duty, erpm, and amp values for the detector with no success.

Thanks!

Hi Did you get any advice on battery packs as far as best for range and power? I am struggling to find solid facts. I am also looking at hobby king and want to use their outrunner motors. So far I am thinking about finding a relatively high voltage and connecting 2 lots of 2 batteries in series and then joining them together in parallel to get better amps.

1 Like

Look at the bettery section in this forum. How long do you want it to last?

I dont know how to post a new one so here it goes!! I recently bought a escooter in really bad shape and want to make a new one. The only.parts i took from the old ones were the wheels and the motor… now my problem! I bought a speed controller YK31C of 24 v. Connected it like everyone says on internet…and doesnt work!

I connected the battery, the on/off switch together, the throttle (positives, negqtices and signal respectevly) and even the brake light.

I found out the brake light, the battery indicator light and swith on/ off are working but the motor wont move when i push the throttle.

I tested the motor directly to the battery and works. I tested with a multimeter controller the red and black output of the thorotlle and gives 5v. And tested the output of the throttle and gices a range from 0.4 to 6v when pushed. So whay am i doing wrong!! Why is the motor not moving. I bought another controller yk31c and still the same.problem. any thoughts? I attach pics.(you can see the clambs touching but when o tested they are actually not touching each other). The green wires are an extension of the controllers throttle20181216_231741

Another pic20181216_231841

Hi First post not sure if this is the correct spot to enter it. Im building an MBS Core94 Moutainoard with Dual 6374 190kv motors on 12s with dual Vesc master/slave with cam bus. I ran thru the vesc tool motor and controller setup everything appears to work, motor hums then spools and all green, controller show full throttle, center and brake at 100% saved settings to vesc and copied to slave but after disconnecting nothing happens when i give it throttle. ran through setup 4 or 5 times re charged battery and checked all connections, must be a setting in vesc tool im missing? setting up in FOC if that matters.

Hello all, I am embarking on my first electric skateboard build and need some help making sure all of my components will work BEFORE buying them. I also want to know if something is not needed/I need to replace it with something else.

The following is a list of all of the components that I have put together. Do I need a BMS for the 2x 5s lipo batteries? How and where would I attach the charger to the batteries? (I want to use one of those three prong chargers because I don’t want to have to remove the batteries to charge them) Do I need a switch in order to have a battery indicator and power button?

Thanks, -Yonah

https://textuploader.com/1a89t

Hi newbie here trying to put together my first electric skateboard build. After some basic research I’ve come up with the following electronic set up.

ESC: http s://hobb yking.c om/en_us/aerostar-advance-120a-esc-opto.html Battery: http s://hobb yking.c om/en_us/turnigy-high-capacity-battery-8000mah-4s-12c-drone-lipo-pack-xt90.html (two of these, planning to connect in series to make an 8s pack) Motor: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-aerodrive-sk3-6364-245kv-brushless-outrunner-motor.html (I put spaces in between the ‘c’ and ‘o’ in “com”, the ‘b’ and ‘y’ in “hobby” and the ‘p’ and ‘s’ in “https” due to new user link resrictions)

Ive also looked into a balance charger for the batteries as I know Lipo batteries can be dangerous when charged uncautiously

Balance charger: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/ecube-e4-with-us-plug.html

Am I missing anything glaringly horrid with this setup or is this a reasonable start point? ANy advice as to what changes I should consider?

I’m new to esk8 building. I would build a 10s4p li-ion pack with the possibility of upgrading to 12s4p in future. Is it possible with one of this BMS?

Same! I am new to this website and have some problems with my new e-board that I would like to discuss!

Hello everyone,

I would like to buy turnigy sk3 6374 149kv. But this one is without sensors or should I buy thisone?

Will this one work well with míní direct helical and Vesc6 ?

Thanks for help

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you guys can help me with my dual motor evolve skateboard. What I’m asking for is how can I control the motors separately if it’s possible.

I am in the exact same situation :stuck_out_tongue: I’m new here. I also have a problem with my motor funny enough. I guess I’ll wait patiently until esk8 lets me post :smiley:

Hello everybody!

Does that work?

Hello, I have been lurking for some time now, But recently me Yuneec EGO has started have a problem with having smoke coming from the motor… I know it is from lubricant/oil getting into the motor but I now need to clean the winding. Does anyone know how to remove the stater from the motor? Pictures would be super helpful if you have any. Thanks

Hello! I’ll be asking an electronics question soon, but for now I’m submitting a reply to this thread to see if that helps accelerate the pace with which I’m allowed to post a new thread :wink:

Hello, Can someone pleaze help, read all the fqas, i am struggling where to buy from, im from the uk and i but from ebay, and from china alli express ect, So far