6x2 Airless All-terrain tires $1(?)

I’ve got a fever and the only cure is more TPU

I’m just trying to find things to make TPU out of I haz too much.

@High-roller the i3 will handle TPU just fine you just need a direct drive extruder or if you have a bowden tube need the bowden tube going through the extruder so the filament has no where to bend/flex before getting to the hot end. Hot end only needs to be 190-210C

^^ I use a slightly modified version of this where the tube can go all the way through and just have a notch cut in the side of the tube where the driving gear/pulley can push the filament down the tube.

print the 6x2 hubs and a tire to go around them and let me know how it works! Ugh I’m waiting on my printer in the mail and it’s killing me. Can’t wait to start trying things out.

also @PredatorBoards 125 is a lot, but maybe we should put together a google doc to start getting some numbers in place.

@thisguyhere I’m not sure about the hub-pulley situation. It seems like this 6x2 hub is fairly standard; you can print them, have someone else print them, get some from psycotiller, get a set of hubs from diyeboard, etc. I think nailing that down is going to be a pain, have too many options, and likely stall everything. Maybe see if we can get people in for 125 sets and take it from there? It’s a big number to reach I know

I suggest rounding up the pricing to 15$ per set. This gives you some buffer cash to work with in case some people choose to bail mid group-buy

I just got my printer dialed in and after my skateboard wall mounts finish printing I will be printing the 6" hubs (hopefully this weekend) in PLA, as strong as these wall mounts are I don’t see why the wheels wouldn’t be strong enough. If these tires will for sure fit these hubs I would be interested in 3 sets.

TPU wheels? Make sure to get a friend to video I want to see what happens and laugh my ass off, oh and please do it on a rainy day

What ever happened with these airless tires? Does @pschotiller stock an airless option? I have the diyeboard with the green 6" airless but I am worried about them slipping at high speeds and don’t want to drill holes in the hubs for plastic zip tie or interfere with the pulleys. Anyone figure out who is making these things with urethane and not foam etc…

While i was traveling in a bus i saw a company here in Croatia which only work with polyurethane maybe they could make some custom wheels for a normal price, I just don’t know where are we going to get our hubs

Sorry for the necro, but I was looking at products from the same seller listed in the main post and found polyurethane tires instead of PVC:

There are also rubber tires:

Now, if you would buy these, how would you exactly put a pulley on this thing? Also, that hub that is included looks like it won’t fit with many builds when judging looks, so by then we’d need a better core.

1 Like

Looks like there is a 10mm bearing option which some people are using, but I’d be worried about these deforming at speed

Sorry any UK suppliers of these airless tyres