6374 Stealth Motor Pre-Order 󾓦

I have run many group buys, remotes, batteries, and the first few batches of motors. None of which I made money. I do all I can to help the community. I am now starting to go from group buys to running a business. I have stated above that this was a pre order and it also clearly states it when they go to pre-order.

I can respect that. The title of the thread does say “Group Buy” though which is why I was confused. Given that you previously were running group buys for no profit and now are changing it to a business, I think using the title “Group Buy” can be misleading to people on here.

Personally I don’t think it’s fair to call it a group buy anymore when you’re making a profit. But just my opinion. From other forums I’m on for Mustangs, group buy always means the organizer isn’t making a profit, or if they do, they disclose they are taking $X per order to cover their time.

Anyways, now that I’ve got to the bottom of that I’m satisfied and thanks for organizing those group buys previously! I do appreciate your work there.

1 Like

Well, I have not had to deal with JLabs myself, so personally, I cant say anything bad about him. However, Barajabali refused me to pay for the motors. He said, he will take the hit. Definitely excellent customer service on his part.

1 Like

I totally understand. I was doing a group buy for the 5065 and a pre order for the 6374 to start, and because of the lack of interest I stopped the group burly and was only doing pre orders. My fault on that one. I have changed the title to only say pre-order.

I also stated right before the link “Pre-Order Here:”

1 Like

I don’t know anything about jlabs but agree there on @barajabali , i know a guy from Chicago and bara helped him fix his board no charge just to help him out…so bara is definitely a stand up guy. I would take his word over others and I would have no problem giving him my money cuz I know he will provide his customers with excellent service. But that’s off topic. Don’t mean to hijack the thread here.

My advice to any vendor would be that never ever skimp on customer service. Before you even go into a business make that your priority. Unsatisfied customers is what can ruin your reputation and thus your business. So issues should be resolved without much resistance.

2 Likes

I strive to provide the best customer service possible. I have only had issues with returns, and when it was needed I replaced the motor for @Jinra

Yes, and that is what is happening. I don’t understand why he is saying the motors are low quality when he has never even used them. I get that the bearing was not pushed all the way in, but he took the motor apart before contacting me.

Question: if it was a shipping issue why not just take the return and follow-up with the mail carrier on insurance? Also, why not take the restocking fee on the 3 other motors? If you’re confident in your product could have made more profit on those motors in the long-term (restocking fee + sale price).

On your reputation, the forum can be forgiving if they see a vendor learn from their mistakes and do the right thing in the end. For example, look at how zmoney / AXLE handled criticism of their VESCs - he took the criticism and tried to make it right. So, you should ask yourself how much your reputation is worth and if it’s worth losing over a couple hundred dollars.

Full disclosure: Bara has really helped me out, we’ve met in person and he’s been stand-up in every aspect. So, I’m not entirely impartial here.

2 Likes

Guys, I think your standards and expectations are a bit too high. If you buy something from Enertion or TB I don’t think it would be that simple to return it just cause you don’t want it anymore. Second, if you open the motor before asking the vendor to replace it, so you ruin the warranty, it’s your fault. What should barajabali have done? Tell Jlabs as soon as he discovered the problem, wait for a refund/replacement/help fixing it, take photos and videos and then act. If every shop replaced broken items after they were opened/modified, everybody would buy them, test them in every way ruining them, and then send them back. That’s not how shops work. If you want to fix it by yourself before asking, you ruin your warranty, it’s not that hard. At the moment, about 1% of the motors has had problems, and 0,5% of buyers has had problems with the vendor. I don’t think that’s enough to ruin somebody’s reputation, so please stop. Not everybody is @barajabali or LHB or @chaka with that great customer service, cause not everybody has time/resources/need. None of the other shops, like TB or Enertion, would have helped you in this situation, so there’s no need to go against @JLabs If you have problems, take evidence and ask. That’s how normal shops handle faulty items, don’t come here telling us “my customer service is better”, cause you make them pay double the price just for that service, that is included if you are careful enough not to do everything by yourself.

2 Likes

So $75 for a motor garunteed to break or $100 for a motor that comes with good insurance behind it. At the end of the day @JLabs isn’t selling quality parts he’s buying from a manufacturer. Yes I get what ur saying about being a small company but that’s a hit he has to take, unless he’d rather end up with a crap load of motors and no customer.

What are you talking about? The motor are not junk, only one person had a real problem and I replaced the motor. In fact, they are from the same manufacturer as so do NOT come on here and bash me when A. You have never even used my motors and B. Have no facts or context to back up what you are saying.

And u know what the funny part is, DIY charges $120 for the 6374 so that really means you don’t know what ur talking about. I do not appreciate you bashing me when you don’t have facts.

The numbers don’t lie. 0.006% have had an issue so far, and when it was a real issue I replaced the motor. So I am willing to take the loss when it is needed. And on the customer service, I have only had one complaint, which is an even small percentage because I have sold over 300 parts (0.003%). I’d say that’s pretty good.

2 Likes

Thank you. I see many threads on here where people have brand new parts from TB and Enertion, they simply just sell them.

Actually I spent exactly $500 on Tb parts including a switch, esc, battery and the only thing that still works is the pulleys and that was after a week of use

Edit: as for your parts the Motor you have is not high quality and if ud like to send me the specs go ahead I would be willing to bet however that an sk3 is better, the only real service you offer is a shorter wait time on parts since everything you’re buying is coming straight from ur manufacturer then u pop it in a box and ship it off. Ur an overated middle man. We could argue all day however I have money to make so I’ll leave u with this, apologize and try to make things right, or deal with the repercussions.

And how is that relevant to the topic?

I’m not quite getting what you’re trying to say.

1 Like