4wd evo build 12s6p

Nice man, carefull with those speed controllers :wink:

Not sure what the issue is but it took like 6 hours just to get to 50% with my 1.5A charger. Could this be the bms settings? I noticed that its trying to balance after 3.4V so it may be slowed because its trying to balance too early? This is my first time having a bms that can be adjusted in so many ways.

Figured it out. It was a problem with the app. I used the one that was made for it for Android and it showed the accurate values. It’s weord because I tried the iOS app right before and it was way off valtage. Then when I tried it again after using the android app, it all the sudden started showing the correct values.

Edit: neither of the apps are accurate when the pack is charging

Switch wired up. Now just have to mount the enclosure and put in the vescs

3 Likes

It’s got a gut but I’m sure it’ll fly. Just needs to be grip taped and then it’s 4wd time

If a mod sees this post please change the thread title to something more appropriate like 4wd evo build.

6 Likes

First impressions:

Has the torque and brakes that I missed with the 2wd v4.

Fast as hell. Couldn’t pull the throttle down much at all. Daytime on a Saturday here in San Francisco with too much foot and street traffic so come nightfall I plan on doing some faster runs.

Double stacked batteries on these drop down evo decks require enclosures that you don’t mind scratching up. Even the slightest bump can do some damage. I’ll be buying some six shooters soon for cross city trips. The 107mm will have to be reserved for mostly speed trials on flat roads.

9 Likes

Would love to try this freaking badass killer formula board ! Plus it is an absolute beauty/beast man !!! Enjoy, show us more pic and vid pleeaaase :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah more updates on this. I wanna see it go.

1 Like

Thank you for your comments. I had taken the enclosure off to smooth some of the paint out and add a clear coat and accidentally blew the antispark switch carelessly reassembling it. It’s a fast beast that’s for sure. I’ll make a nice update in a few days when I get it back up and running. I have some six shooters so to test out as well.

9 Likes

Looks good bro! Why don’t you add some risers on there to give it some more space with 107s? Overall it’s FOCing sweet, 4wd might be be sexiest builds on the forum

3 Likes

amazing board man. what motor/batt settings you running? im using 40/30. feels like plenty of power so i havent changed anything yet… :smiley: although i went conservative as im stuck on 12s4p atm…:unamused:

Got so busy with work that I’m just now getting this repainted/gripped and ready to go. Unless I’m too hungover, I plan to make the group ride tomorrow to finally make a long trip with it.

9 Likes

Just bought another AWD vehicle to go with it.

7 Likes

Dope! Details? Still loving my 04 WRX wagon that I’ve modded just about everything I can get my hands on. I would love to make it electric one day though. :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Thanks. It’s a 19 WRX. I wish I could have afforded the STI but it’s almost 40K! This one is still pretty quick though. 2.0L Turbo charged AWD with 268 HP.

3 Likes

Nice. I didn’t know the WRX has a 2.0L again. Sounds like a pretty good powerplant compared to the 2.0L I have. Having the 6 speed and 2.5L are the only things I really wish I had from the STI. But mine is paid off, and still so fun to drive that I can’t bring myself to get even a newer used one and have car payments again. I still drool over the new ones though. Are you gonna mod it at all? Not sure how these new models respond to just an exhaust upgrade and retune, but in my experience, it’s totally worth it for the improved throttle/turbo response and daily driveability. Love these cars.

This one is actually a 6 speed. I was actually just reading about some aftermarket options. An article claims I can add 17 hp and 21 pounds of torque with the right air intake. A decent exhaust might help a little. I used to have a nice Borla on my 06 GTO back in the day. It was a fun ride too but I raced a STI once and was left in the dust. It’s what made me want one so much.

1 Like

Very cool. I don’t know how things have changed over the years, but on my car, smoothing out and opening up the exhaust a bit, e.g. uppipe, downpipe w/hi-flow cat, catback, and a custom retune made the biggest difference. Not just adding a decent bump in power, but maybe more importantly, improving throttle response and reducing turbo lag for daily driving.

I won’t derail your thread any further, but before stumbling into this bottomless ESk8 hole, modding my WRX and Rallycross racing was my obsession. So, I have a very soft spot for these cars.

BTW, very nice Evo build. Looks like tons of fun.

1 Like

Damn. The board sat idle for a month while I wait on this drive to be dealt with.

The battery is almost dead. It was fully charged last time it was on. Cells were at just under 3.1. All balanced. I think this pricey ass bms drained all of them for some reason. I noticed that it always says it’s balancing in the app.

I’ve left my 13s5p for weeks, with no change in voltage. Its most definitely your bms or switch.

If its a programmable bms you should set it to only kick off a balance above 4.15-4.17/cell. Balancing all the time is bad.