4wd evo build 12s6p

Try foc v2.5 were silent on foc. See if it’s the urethane sleeve.

I liked the bldc noise to warn pedestrians.

Guess I just didn’t realize how loud the BDLC is on these motors. It’s in foc now and nice and quiet.

3 Likes

Getting ready for it’s upgrade to 4wd. Gotta love a black board.

5 Likes

is that the big evo?

Yes 10char

nice what a beauty did you order an enclosure from alan?

Thanks! Yes, it had the regular sized eboosted enclosure, by now I have to upgrade to the double layer to fit the 12S6P I’m putting together.

1 Like

I asked this on the noob questions but it got drown out before getting an answer. I’m building a 12s6p from 30q cells and if possible I want a bms that can discharge. I’ve seen a similar thread, but my question is different.

I’ve seen a few videos where people stack the bms on top of the cells. The high discharge bms from supower have big metal plates on the bottom.

Will stacking these high discharge bms on cells heat them too much?

Their just too wide to fit in an enclosure otherwise.

No real answer since I don’t know, but I was curious about the heat so I had the board on while charging. This board was dead cold in the office before I plugged it in. The temperature between the battery (bottom) and BMS (middle) is 10 degrees Fahrenheit

2 Likes

To me that says no it isn’t a good idea to stack a high discharge bms on top of cells. Looks like a charge only is the only option unless anyone knows of a smaller that can handle at least 100A

what are the dimensions of the metal plate?

With the radiating plate on its Dimension: 200mm * 110mm * 20mm (LWT) - with Radiating Board Im assuming without it would be like all the lower Amp ones at Size: 129mm * 53mm if the radiating board was removed.

https://www.ebay.com/i/322366720064?rt=nc&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIM.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3Dfe7168388c37496f807edc7d45369f6c%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D8%26rkt%3D30%26sd%3D222353573658%26itm%3D322366720064

Interesting. Did you already order an enclosure?

Yeah I ordered a DS eboosted. I got a small 60mm charge only bms in the meantime but if I find a small enough that can handle a 4wd discharge from a 6p Ill swap it out

In the process of building my first 4wd from this deck. Looks like the safest method is to split the receiver signal over the 4 vesc or simply have 4 receivers. I really wanted to use the Bluetooth app to be able to control my vesc setting from my phone. Is the only way around this is to buy 4 bluetooth receivers and then have to switch connections each time to change the settings? Or is there a different way around this without going the canbus route?

i made a canbus harness by making 2 Y-Cables. You can still use the bluetooth app to update your settings. @rpasichnyk’s METR module works really well. And you only need 1 module

Yea and then set 3 as slaves? I thought I read somewhere that you can destroy the slave vescs if one gets disconnected?

yeah, if the power gets disconnected, you’ll have a big issue, but if your parallel connectors are secure, you shouldn’t run into problems.

I guess that’s the trade off I’ll have to take. Disconnection security with the split remote or the ability to change settings via Bluetooth for a can setup

Built my 12s6p battery with Bluetooth on my way to upgrading to 4wd.

imageimage

8 Likes