3D Printed Hub for 6inch pneumatics on caliber trucks

Maybe, but it will end up looking wierd

Do you know any good sellers of 218 in europe

I do think the only place you can Get them from is TB/DIY in the US.

However there have been some groupbuys, and will probably be some more towards the spring/summer.

Printed them @Maxid but I think I over pumped them because the outer ring blew up :smiley: I increased the thickness by 1mm and am reprinting in CF-ABS.

2 Likes

You’re the first one mentioning this. Hope you are safe and nothing happened. What material did you print them in? And how much pressure did you use?

I used abs on the first. This time around cf-abs. Works great at 70 psi.

6 Likes

weird though - I printed them in ABS as well and they have been holding up quite well for basically a year now. I think i inflated them even higher to somewhere between 5 and 6 bar (72 to 87PSI). Maybe your ABS was not of good quality? It’s definitely something people should keep in mind when printing these - so thanks for sharing

Yeah I’ll give my Abs another shot on the big printer with an enclosure. Gonna increase temp by 15° aswell.

maybe also change your infill settings? I had mine printed at work by a colleague so unfortuantely I can’t say anything about my settings besides that they were printed on a Stratasys printer

1 Like

I mean I am printing on something I made with a handsaw and extrusions… :smiley: stratasys is another class.

2 Likes

So after testing the hubs I decided they were to heavy, so I cut alot of material off of them. If you print these with CF-ABS at 75% infill at 260C and 110 BED you cannot break them. I’ve pumped them to 90Psi and rode them in the AZ dessert all day. Also printing at 0.15 vs 0.1 layer hight makes them significantly stronger. i removed 1 screw to make them match up better aswell. If anyone wants the files msg me. @Maxid if I could get the ipt for the pulley that would be great.

5 Likes

How much filament do each hub need now? @bimmer

About 100g 10char

1 Like

May you share a link Where you got your CF/ABS filament?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0747P98Q9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So I am going to be honest when its prints it looks like crap but… it wont break. I want the the better printer but my wife want’s to retire when we are 35 so… yeah this is what I can do. Pretty sure we could get away with 50% infill with Nylon-X but my printers struggle with that.

2 Likes

I’m tempted to print them on the Markforged printer I have access to. Carbon fiber with fiberglass strands woven through for strength.

Edit: Bought tires off Aliexpress, will print hubs soon.

2 Likes

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FmBtqB9aFPogQY4xagnk1UrsL_nqmjKk Finally came around to making the folder.

3 Likes

Just to show what I am working on right now

But it’s in very early stages and will probably keep me busy for quite a while. Will also play around with helical and herringbone tooth shapes.

11 Likes

Nice, I’ve recently switched to FOC and the lack of noise is now noticable (i also need to see “a quiet place”), and on another thread i think these setups were referred to a “loud” and “whiney”, can you confirm? Lack of a belts obviously a plus though.

Do you think you’d need a bigger wheel to make that work? Motor can looks like it may struggle not to hit the truck.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to mount @ptowncruiser’s hubs? There is some structure between the holes on the pulley, so a screw cannot go through it. Should I just drill that out?