3D Printed Boosted Board Killer

maybe i´m dumb, but would that mean if it´s windy outside the charger would charge more slowly because the range would be less? :thinking:

5 Likes

Lol you make my laughing @Andy87

2 Likes

lmao 10 char

in one hour, you can charge the battery enough for 40km driving

1 Like

How your charger can calculate that? Your range depends on so much things. So if you have a ride after thanksgiving and it’s a windy day and you decide to go up the steepest hills in your village, than the range of your pack is maybe only 35km…would that mean next time I charge up my pack I would overcharge it because the charger charge 40km instead of 35km? … :tipping_hand_man:

1 Like

ist a unit for e-vehicles

1 Like

and yes I fully understood what the OP mean with it. I just think it´s not necessary to click bait every feature, especially if it´s than not right anymore.

He did a good job with the board and all the things he created by his own. No need to advertise it like chinese clone board companies do it with there products.

He can just fully charge his battery in 1h that´s it.

1 Like

I think you didn´t got it. maybe my last comment helps to understand that. your charger charge up to a capacity but not to a range. how much range you get out of that capacity depends on different things and is never the same.

Soooo, to say in one hour his charger is charging 40km range is just not correct.

3 Likes

Fully correct @Andy87

He can give better the amps off his charger. I think it is a 8A charger.

There are some ”click baits” in this topic. He is talking about 5000watt off power. A Samsung 30q is rated for 15A. There are some guys who are rocking 20A from them. If I calculate with a fully charge: 4,2v * 12s *3p *20A, i have 3000watt. So I don’t know where those 5000watt comes from

3 Likes

Of yuu see the video it said 5000w comes from the battery being used at 35A since 20A is constant meaning that he can discharge way more for short period. So I guess he set 35A battery max. From there the 5000w

2 Likes

Don’t forget the sag, the 30Q at 35A would sag 0,7V per cell

So (4,2-0,7)12s3p*35A = 4400 W

Or a 20A

(4,2-0,4)12s3p*20A = 2700 W

2 Likes

The reason I said that is not to sound like a chinese company, but because people ask so often how fast my board charges and it is a very important factor that people should use when talking about charging rate. If I said my board can be charged in an hour, you could compare that to a Boosted board that also gets charged in an hour. But that would be way off, because I can charge at 450W and Boosted charges at less than 80W. So saying “it takes an hour to charge” is a bad comparison. And with saying how many watts my charges has also doesnt get the idea across of how fast you can charge. Way better way is to calculate the range using the usual 11Wh/Km that you get when crusing at 30Kmh on a smooth road.

Now Tesla has been using “Km of range per hour charging” for a very long time, so why not use that. This actually tells you “My board has 40Km/h charge rate, so if I wait 30 Minutes I can ride 20 Kilometers again.”

2 Likes

you can easily pull 35A per cell from a 30Q without any problems for a very quick burst. U wont need the 5kW boost for more than a second anyway

Here is a full calculation of how much power you can actually get using my setup:

Fully charged Battery at 50,4V. IR per cell is 20mOhm (DC iR from Datasheet), 3 in paralell is 6,3mOhm, 12 in series is 75mOhm Lets calculate the theoretical maximum. I currently have a 75A Current Limit, but lets assume I set this to 90A say I go full throttle: My Vescs pull 180A 180A * 0,075Ohm = 13,5V voltage drop inside my Battery 50,4V-13,5V= 36,9V Voltage going to my VESC (still above 3V per cell) 36,9V * 180A = 6642W so thats the amount of Power getting eaten from my vesc. Thats where usually everybody stops and says that this is the power, but since there are a ton of losses at this current here is the real mechanical power that you would be measuring on a dyno: Resistance of my vescs: 0,0011Ohm Resistance of Motors: 0,0225Ohm (0,0011Ohm+0,0225Ohm)*180A²= 764,64W of Power loss in Motors and ESC 6642W-764,64W= 5877W MECHANICAL POWER so yes, the 5kW is easily possible.

1 Like

Yeah range depends on a lot of things but just like on electric cars we use a typical consumption that is 11Wh/Km. Almost every single eBoard company uses this consumption.

1 Like

You want to say you run the esk8.de with 90A batt max? Just to get that right for me.

Which means your board is the same as any e board which use that 11Wh/km. Not faster not better. Maybe I get something wrong but with the same average power consumption you get the same average result out of different boards.

With it i assume you don’t use super secret new motor technology or a gear drive which reduced all losses or wheels and bearings that spin for ever.

2 Likes

Yeah I know but that is in burst that is not real power you always have.

In my free time I also work as a DJ. With the speakers you also have peak and rms capability. the Chinese companies advertise their speakers with the peak power and the good quality speakers companies always talk about rms power. you can also bring this back to the esk8 world. Many Chinese companies turn out with their peak power, which means that people fall for it. I challenge you to ask the peak power of your board for 2 minutes and then we talk again.

That 5000watt off power is just a clickbait shit.

And like @Andy87 said not each board is the same, the 10 wh/km rule is a rule of thumb. The real consumption depends much on the rider (weight), rider style (acceleration), weather (much wind). I know guys who do 6wh/km and also guys who do 25wh/km.

Wait a second, If you tell me that you do 35A form a 30q so 3*35A=105A.

How can your vesc pull 180A :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

yes this works, have done that before quite a few times on eBikes. The Fets are rated for almost 300A peak. Absolutly no problem with the right thermal paste and not done for too long. Even 100A still works, temperature ist the only problem at this current. Air cooled they thermal throttled after like 10 seconds full throttle.

1 Like

“peak power” “2 minutes” you are contradicting yourself

Yeah obviously its clickbait. “Boosted Board Killer” is also a clickbait title. Thats how you get the attention of people.

But 5kW is a true value that can be achived for quite a few seconds. My VESCs can easily pull 180A together. Its a Dual Drive, I have two Motors, two vescs and they split the current between each other. One pulls 90A the other also 90A.

Next video I can show my BMS Log that shows that I can pull 120A if you want some proof. :slight_smile:

1 Like