3D Printables for ESkate

A wanhao duplicator i3 plus with 0.4 nozzle

Two that I didnā€™t see up above but will be using in my latest build.

reference thread: https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/mt60-panel-mount-3d-printed/54991

3 Likes

Oh. I donā€™t have much experience with those. I know the Monoprice Delta has to be scaled up about 2.5%.

I have this printerā€¦have you done any modifications to it? Iā€™ve gotten some damn fine prints out of mine after some work to it.

This is one I did the other day:

Looks really good man, Iā€™m pretty new to 3d printing and have not yet done any modifications to it

Have you printed a Benchy yet? Its a little boat that is a stress/calibration print that will help you narrow down the issues and things you need to fix with your printer, Iā€™d recommend starting there.

Check this page out: https://3dprinterwiki.info/wiki/wanhao-duplicator-i3/

I basically kept printing the benchy and referring to that page for modifications until my benchy came out perfect.

Mods I did to the I3: Z braces Upgraded Carriage Glass bed Better extruder fan unit Flexion extruder (so I can print TPU) Z alignment/blueprinting Bed thumbscrews

There are alot more that Iā€™ve done but those really got my printer dialed in!

Also check out this facebook group, its dedicated to our printer!!

2 Likes

Thanks for the help, Iā€™ll try to get a good benchy without mods first. Also Iā€™ll check out the Facebook page if I need more tips.

Yea my benchys slowly started to get better and better as the time went on.

For the glass bed, donā€™t waste your money there getting the ones ā€œmade for the printerā€.

I went to walmart, bought an 8x10 picture frame, removed the glass and used that. It was $1.35 I think! Make sure to keep it clean and throw a quick layer of Aquanet hairspray on it.

I secured it to the bed with binder clips for a bit but then found these thermal pads on amazon and I find that the heat is dispersed alot more efficiently now. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074K4CKG1/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

I made sort of a checkerboard pattern with them and it works perfectly.

Also built an enclosure around it for printing ABS and PETG (they like to feel the heat around them!) and it ended up stabilizing my PLA prints a bit more. I used end tables from Walmart and the Ikea LACK table kit on thingiverse. Closed all the sides with plexiglass and velcro so I can access any side when needed.

6 Likes
4 Likes

@mmaner

6 Likes

I feel like I had a really good idea for a 3D printed part. Iā€™m hoping someone can execute it. So if you own the tsg pass you know thereā€™s washers that hold your visor on. What if we reprinted this part with a way to snap a generic size powerfull flashlight to the side?

15344929817341512297685 This part (upload://3YJvywXt2a9VKOl0xZWSg5Ot3YB.jpg) With something like this blackjack-helmet-mount-flashlight-holder-global-mount-27

10 Likes

And a gopro mount for the other side

4 Likes

Get me a TSG pass and Iā€™ll design the model :wink:

I kid but good idea, if I do end up getting on of those Iā€™ll try to remember this thread.

3 Likes

I can prolly do it as soon as I get some free time, but who knows when that will be :frowning:

4 Likes

We should get the guy trying to sell the broken helmet to just give it to you.

Should probably design it with a specific light in mind. Something lightweight, since thereā€™s nothing backing the insert on the other side.

I think what youā€™d want is something like a Tikka headlamp kit adapterā€¦ Tikka helmet kit adapter E93001-Kit-Adapt-focus-2_LowRes

This is a pretty nice light sort of expensive but if you have a TSG and a 3d printer you probably arenā€™t terribly broke: https://www.amazon.com/Maglite-XL50-3-Cell-Flashlight-Black/dp/B004JJQ3UY/

Uses 3AAA batteries says 30+hrs run time on low mode or 6hrs on normal I have a very similar one and itā€™s super bright

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t be able to use the visor with that light

Good to know. Maybe not than