3D Printables for ESkate

i’m out of business for the time being, summer break until september :ok_hand:

1 Like

What do you want to print?

I’ll pm you. It’s kinda ridiculous and I want to keep it a secret.

It’s a youtube buddy isn’t it… might want to check 3d hubs to get a rough idea of expected price to have someone print it for you.

2 Likes

Fuck it, I doubt anyone’s as big of a dork as me to want to do this. But I want to make a Boba Fett themed board. So I thought it would be funny to make my battery box look like Han Solo in carbonite strapped to the bottom of my deck

16 Likes

hah nice good luck!

Ooooooooo, that’s a good idea. Printed out my enclosure parts to then make a mold from, quite tempted.

I used to build cars for car shows and always had a theme. So I figured I’d do the same thing with my board.

1 Like

Or how’s about a model to make it look like a flux capacitor, that could look cool

4 Likes

Suggest making the hands more flush with the surface having them stick out like that can pretty much guarantee they’ll snap off.

2 Likes

LOL. Tell that to the DIY Boba Fett shift knob I have in my car.

1 Like

Thats an awesome idea! You’d be hard pressed to find a printer out of the box that will be able to print that big. Most people get around this by printing in a few segments and then gluing the parts together.

If you plan on actually mounting anything to the enclosure, you probably would want to reinforce the enclosure anyways. If you are printing with PLA, you would have to use a very high infil percentage to get close to the strength you would want. Also PLA will start getting flexible and warp at higher temps. You would need to print in ABS or PETG for this to work.

First thoughts: print it in segments, put it together, then use it as a mold and do some fiberglass or CF over/under the mold as the actual “structure” to build with.

I agree about the hands, those look like they will just snap off over your first bump!!

1 Like

You can flatten in meshmixer and most modelling cad programs, suggest to go with a traditional deck and just print out the head

And maybe the hands as toe stops!

1 Like

I’ve designed a hub adaptor to utilise the Versapulleys with Trampa Superstar hubs. It uses captive M4 nuts so you can bolt it straight onto the hub and the pulley from the outside. It needs a slight tweak for spacing on the Superstar side, but the pulley side fits perfectly.

image image

14 Likes

Any1 here have an idea for my 3d printed pulleys? They seem a bit off making the belt slip, what settings and nozzle size should be used? Like this:1532422133172587538953

It has to do with the precision of your printer. 1st it seems like you are over-extruding plastic, which fuck with all of your dimensions. So fix this first by trail and error on a test cube for example. If you still have precision promblems after fine tuning your printer and tightening belts, nuts and bolts, try printing with a smaller nozzle, like 0.2mm, instead of the 0.4mm standard.

will try, thanks!

This is the template and spacer I use for hand cutting hex’s from grip tape…

14 Likes

What kind of printer do you have?