3D Printables for ESkate

Check this guy out

3 Likes

Exactly what i was looking for, thank you!

1 Like

YES! This would be great on my small board which i couldnā€™t add the voltmeter due to enclosure space. Can i use this to check my battery % on the go as well? Would love to see the wiring pics for this.

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s the main thing I use it for. I have a build that it was going to be difficult to get a volt meter installed, so I came up with this.

I forgot to take any, but its really simple. Connect the POS of the charge port to the POS of the Pigtail, with the Voltmeter POS in the middle, same with the negative.

1 Like

Nice! I was just today thinking of printing a cover for the crossbars to shield my motors from mud

https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/no-words-just-pictures-delete-words/2992/10213?u=taz

For those that may find it useful

Made a small modification and added a second stl file

10 Likes

Here are my enclosure and motor mount designs that I recently uploaded to thingiverse. https://www.thingiverse.com/GarrettL/designs

ESC enclosure holds two 4.12 vescā€™s and the battery compartment holds two 4s packs plus bms and vesc switch. My new motor mount design is holding up nicely so far even with the optional idler bearing installed.

8 Likes

Hmmm you got me thinking about printing my own motor mount now.

Wonder how it would go with being printed in PETG and with a 0.8 nozzle. The 0.8mm nozzle wouldnā€™t allow the fine angle of adjustability though, I would have to have some sort of grub-screw type arrangement.

You might be able to get away with PETG with that tip. As a quick test, print the bushing and see how that turns out. Print at 100% and probably skip the idler bearing with a PETG motor mount.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got to try PETG with the 0.8 nozzle first. I use it heaps with PLA and I havenā€™t printed that much out in PETG yet.

Might be a nice test print for my new PC/ABS stuff :grin:

1 Like

Anyone have a spot welding jig design for 21700 cells?

Nope pretty easy to model though unfortunately I donā€™t have any on hand to test size with if you can send measurements with digital calipers of actual cells can throw together a quick model to hold them together.

I made one here https://cad.onshape.com/documents/42f0c0e8ee72493a76cdc678/w/b4c5fbf0dd3aae90fffea063/e/e1b02095eeefd48c1c437f63 but not sure if thereā€™s other parts needed to hold things in place or nice to haves, if so let me know I can add them in (also make a drawing so you can 2D print that to test size) I just use 21mm diameter as is and added a 1mm fillet and 1mm space between each cell.

STL here if that looks like it will work going to add 3mm holes for all 4 corners then could use long 3mm screws to keep a few aligned/stacked, but open to other suggestions https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XF87lPK6Bs577lXAbhnl9-4pqegfa13-/view?usp=sharing . Just been on a bit of a modeling bend lately :slight_smile:

Thanks! Mighty good of you

The need was to make 4p packs, but I think space constraints may be a problem in the enclosure so I cobbled together an upscaled version of Chakas pack, waiting on cells too

thanks again

Cool going to make a few corrections to that one anyway just in case someone decides to try and use it, but good to know youā€™ve got something to work with.

Just noticed I could hit a checkbox to allow people to export so hopefully the link is future proof sort of too, STL will get outdated but can always export a new one.

How far apart they are is a consideration as well, typically we are short on space to tend to have each cell in a parallel pack touch the neighbor, a lot of the jigs(18650) I have seen are a 2-piece for that reason & compress the cells along the line.

1 Like
11 Likes

I made a thingiverse link dedicated to different wheel guards. You can make request for specific wheel type and trucks type and Iā€™ll put it there. To test if the parts work for you, I have included a test part(a small cross-section) for each guard to check the fit first.

13 Likes

I assume the first one shown there is for the AliExpress 6x2?

Umm not sure of the order but 158x42(in mm)one is for aliexpress wheel.