2nd Round MAD hubs Group Buy + MAD Fury Direct Drive Conversion Kit [EU/US]_Completed

Pm sent. Thanks man

Guys we already reached the MOQ imposed by the company, so the hubs GB is going through :wink: Still waiting the quotation for the DD kit though. Next week sun should come back and I will make a riding video with speed, elevation, GPS data do show you what thee hubs can deliver :wink: I will take out of drawer my action camera.

@Riako I was thinking of you…can be a solution for your on going project. Looks fearly feasible with a 3D printed connector.

MADhubs_Gummiesfront

3 Likes

If you want a set of Bergies to test: I have a set. (1 set is with @tricky-fpv to do some tests, and I still have personal set at home)

1 Like

Cool! In case someone wants to go with the 60Kv then definitely can be the case. Thanks man

PS: That guy could be me :joy:

2 Likes

Once again, this is awesome mate! And great fast modeling/adaptation !! :+1:

more bla bla bla.., so I hide it to let the thread clean as possible ^^

But after reading you, and seeing all this great build/cruiser/ little commuter, that remember me the feeling I got on my SWE board, I really would like a sweet street hub cruiser again in my new place (as I’m now fully in love with the Bergmeister for all my other esk8 board, my push board remember me that maybe it could be cool to still get an urethan setup). So I will try to make a slick little rally street surfer :blush:

Also the Blasto Saw :

… make me want my actual daily board with an AWD setup with the Mad Hub 60kV DD on it … :drooling_face:

So, to make a compromise :slight_smile:

• I will make my AT Hubz I was working on, for more than 2 years now I guess :sweat_smile: :money_with_wings: (I have posted a tease-pic last winter or maybe in 2016… :upside_down_face:). And by mixing my 2 projects with the other > Big hub motor project in wheel with 8072 I had planned originally with Gummies.

Like that, I will save a bit some money (as I have already started working on the motor since last year, to stagger the payment of the different parts … it will cost me around +800€ for the prototype) and a lot of time like already say, but useful !

Also, I should be able to, maybe, to finish this thing within a year now … :smile: #BigHope

And this shift move is thanks to you and all the work you have done since last year to find those perfect little torquey Mad hub for us !! Big Up Bro :facepunch:

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking over the options. So I think I see:

1. nice cheap powerful hub motors 90mm. Possible to mount on cronins a HUUUGE plus.

2. option for DD with these motors but not so cheap ($450usd), 97mm-110mm. #1 has wheel price included. But, TB is more money, Carvon is/was more money. Close to hummie motor range.

3. 60kv only really for pneumies, which means DD which means not so cheap

And Mad Fury is in development. :slight_smile:

I’m definitely down for #1 – maybe multiple. I want DD and I want to try 60kv, but this is harder to justify for me.

So still thinking about what and how many… :slight_smile:

@rey8801 will you have swappable adapters for ABEC11 and kegel cores? And thanks for doing all this stuff.

1 Like

I think you your projects are great. Prototyping takes a lot of time. We all know it. Having something unique you thought about it is priceless, at least for me. Cocerning the AWG Mad Fury I would suggest 75Kv for wheels up to 100mm and then try the 60Kv for above. As I said I get the right speed calculation if I use 100% motor efficiency in the esk8 calculator tool. 60Kv Mad hubs are teasing me a lot! but they were never tested so I ma fine with doing it for since. I already didi the same for the Mad hubs 130 and 75Kv, so why not? Thanks to @ervinelin for the pulley adapter I think that mount beirgmeister on the DD would be really easy. I will keep the front panel in metal for real support and then the pulleies can be interchangeable for every AT wheels I want since they are big we can model them on top.

Bergmeister_Fury_Adapter

1 Like

My thoughts:

1- True. You can mount them on whatever truck you are willing to modify. Here on an evolve I did for a guy image image To be honest here you will have to cut the axle, make new thread so not so easy as for other trucks, but just to show that it is feasible.

2- Agree, but believe me it doesn’t depends on me. It’s the price of machining parts. I bring here the hubs at the factory price I get. I think I have like 5-10 euro on top of a full set if custom doesn’t do any jokes! Just to understand, not to complain about it, to be clear. On the other hands tell me where you find a 450$ motors for this power that you can interchange between hubs and DD? That why I wanted to start this project. In this perspective they are dirty dirty cheap. Plus if you want a 4WD then these things will bend you. I can only imagine a 4wd 75Kv with a 12s5p battery. A monster, for less then 380 Euro.

I do not want even think myself next to TB, Enertion ecc…they have other aims in their mind, I am only a guy who make fun stuffs in his basement during nights. That’s it. You say Mad Fury is in development, and thanks god it will always be. I am using my prototype everyday and for me the main project was finished, I would just keep updating it as I do for the rest. that’s why I started the MAD Storm, they are in real development. So when you buy from a known company you pay more, but you buy customer service, warranty, employer wedges ecc… So it’s normal that it costs more. I love what they are bringing to the market, but I just like it to make my version. I won’t never be able to deliver the same amount of parts than they do. Mine as limited production lines, but you will find me on the other side to bring something new with them.

The reason why the DD is now an available option is because people asked me about it and since a second GB was needed for the mad hubs, I thought to give it a try. I can not put in advance the cost of let say 10 full sets of DD machined by a company, plus I do not want to do it. I already have mine. After machined them they will be shipped in one week, well depends how busy I am at work, but one drive a day is feasible to do the pre-assembly. After the idea is that you decide between keep the hubs or go to DD.

3- 60Kv as to be tested so I can not be 100% sure, but since the motor is the same, so far I get the real speed I measured durign ride when I apply 100% motor efficiency in the calculator, so 60Kv would be awesome from 100mm on at 12s. I just say that better to stay to 75Kv if you are not willing to be a tester for that. I will do the test probably anyway, so don’t worry :rofl: Concerning AT wheels there are expensive ones and cheap ones. I probably want to make a really small AT for commute and want to try these 5 inch wheels. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/5X1-5-Factory-rubber-tire-for_60856645682.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.1.7b942142O232mh Or 6 inch wheels from Ali as well for really cheap.

I will have ABEC, kegel options of course. Once I have the prices we can decide the combination. For me for the DD the best solution is to go with the 3D printed outer motor CAN, as I am using it. In order to keep the price lower and then swap the front pulleys, which can be a flat one as the render on top and then the adapter can be just small metal piece on top, again to keep the price low. Not the quality, I am looking for efficiency over than price! Anyway I will make a video next week so you can see the real performance of them

I hope I answered to all your doubts and make clear my point of view :grin:

Edit: I wanted to specify that you have to read this as a chilly conversation, esk8 is fun for me and I do not want that no one interprets what I say wrong. I totally understand your point of view. You think from a buyer point of view, but I do not see myself as a seller, but as a maker :wink:

5 Likes

Wonderfull :smiley: !

2 Likes

Alessio! AWESOME! Over.

1 Like

when can we buy these

Sorry you have to be more precise. The hubs only or the hubs and DD?

hubs and the dd

As I wrote I am waiting the quotation from the company for machining the parts. Of I have to make all of them would be too slow. Then when I will have quotation in few days I guess I will post it here the possible combinations of price to make it happen. Since I will post the price, I stsrt counting 2 weeks then close the GB for the hubs. That order would be fulfilled no matter the direct drive. Then for the DD if we reach a decent number to allow low price I will order them and I guess it will take 2-3 weeks for the parts to come. Differently hubs based on precious GB will arrive in 2 weeks after payment. Then folks with the DD kit can choose either to get the hub first, if they want to ride them immidiately and I will send the kit later or wait for a single shipment. That depends on you.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Me too! Damn it :rofl:

1 Like

Meant the estimated DD price :slight_smile:

Hi, For the DD waiting the final quotations, but I hope to stay within 200 Euro for the conversion kit. Let’s see if I can make it happen. I made a video today, I will upload it soon

1 Like

Here the first video :wink:

3 Likes

IMPORTANT Update

I finally got the quotations for the DD kit. I decided to make available 10 DD drive kit, if we reach this amount then is possible to get for the price listed, otherwise would be for the next time :smile:. I will also partecipate, not looking forward to machine another full set for the 60Kv Mad hubs I am gonna test with a short AT build. Super happy…

The only modification needed in order to use the kit is to enlarge the rear motor collet hole from 8 to 12mm. I will do it for who will take the motors now but in case someone already have the motors I will make a tutorial. Nothing special, just drill straight but you never know.

Price for the whole metal kit should be higher but I decided to contribute for the beta round so I will keep it to 200 Euro.( a kit with 3D printed motor can, not included, is also possible if we all agreed. It would decrease the price though)

The whole metal kit includes:

• 2 pulleys (I guess we all want Kegel right?). The final design will allow you to the attach different 3D printed pulleys, kinda of open source :grin:. The one it comes with is metal.

• 2 motor can black anodised

• 2 wheel spacer

• 2 hub adapter (for use the motors as hub motors)

• 1 custom truck black anodised

• 4 NSK bearings

As I said that will be only for first 10 sets. If we won’t reach this number then the DD kit won’t be possible unfortunately, while the hubs still stays. They are totally worth it as hubs too.

I will close the GB on 31/03/19 or if we reach the threshold for the DD sooner.

New google form to be fill it up for the DD only. Personal details only needed it if you did not fill it up the previous google form for the hubs. For clarification, if you do not have the hubs already you have to fill it up the 2 forms. One for the hub, the other for the DD.

Always available for clarifications… :wink:

Ciao ciao

PS: I included a liability waiver in the form, not because I am an ass hole, but because I am try to give something to the community and moreover develop something. I know this community is great and I truly love it, but you never know. I just wanted to state clear that I am doing as an hobby. Do not need problems from someone that wants to pass the sound barrier and then gets hurt.

6 Likes