2019 Revised version of Dickyho's motor mount

I know a few guys who have had good experiences with it. Just always keep your budget and your expectations in line.

can i use different trucks or are they propitiatory?

Hey man what trucks are those, did they fit?

I suppose you could use a different round profile Paris truck, but I would try it with the stock setup first.

These are surf rodz trkp trucks. I never bought the mounts so I wouldn’t know.

Hey dickyho, any chance I could get an estimate of belt sizes to be used with your motor mount? I have 255,265,330,335,340 and my current mounts don’t fit any of them (FFS) and I would like to use some of them preferably.

What motor and wheel pulley do you have?

36T (58mm) wheel pulley and 15T (32mm) motor pulley.

https://www.bbman.com/belt-length-calculator/

Try this, make sure you have the right belt type (metric, 5m), pulley ratio (36:15), and center to center (Dicky’s eBay page has the center to center listed)

15:36T on the standard caliber mount should fit 295mm, not sure if that is with idlers or not though

The short mount should be 290mm, the long mount should be 325mm…if you want to use idlers it’s like 5mm more per idler

@dickyho any plans on making a surf rodz rkp (200mm) mounts?

no problem for me of making some adapters for surf rodz rkp (200mm) trucks if more people need it.

2 Likes

Dicky do you have the revised file for the belt cover for the new mounts?

yes, I have.

some dues noted me that they motors got scratch, ask me to make motor guard for my mounts. did the design today. humbly ask opinions of this design here.

the design is not peculiarly good, but made of laser cut, will have good price.

now I still have doubt. 1. still not designed pulley cover for it. 2. many screws need to twist, not sure if easy or difficult to place the spanner in.

4 Likes

Hot. If you’ve got any in hand by the time my order goes out, would love to try em out.

don’t have it yet, only have design now. I think I will make some pieces to try it lately.

it looks like alot some may love it but why not simplyfi it?

something like this insted.

1 Like

brilliant, Thanks! So this is design version 2. much simpler. the down side is, every one using differ length bars, very difficult for me to sell.

3 Likes