2018 Electric Skateboard Convention - #Esk8Con2018

Sure go for it

2 Likes

Thanks you

1 Like

For that I’ll do my best to get flava flav to hang out for you @RunPlayBack

Lol I’m good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol he lives here in town lol I am def gonna ask him lol he’s a riot … you have no idea lol :joy:

Outdoors is fine, just very risky if bad weather strikes, also your select vendors/exhibitors have a much harder job operating outside, they need power & internet facilities, if the conditions are not ideal your vendors/ exhibitors are less likely to show up.

my advice is to cater for exhibitors first as they are paying the big bucks & covering lots of the expenses.

Also the more vendors the more attractive it is for punters to show up.

3 Likes

Absolutely @onloop def will consider all options i’ll reach out to them…

I’ll post here what I find out

1 Like

Holy freekin #$&@#$&#!!! I’m a huge fan of PE. I actually missed Chuck D at the University 6 miles from because I had the flu :tired_face:. If u get Flava Flave to show up I might kiss you.

But now that I think a bit, that might get you to not ask him, so I retract that :grinning:.

3 Likes

Hahahha

You know he still wears that clock out from time to time hahahah so to speak hahah

1 Like

That’s awesome :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you @smurf

Will do.

That’s why it’s so important to get the sign up sheet going…it will help me show them there is a community of people interested in esk8 an that it’s growing…so please have people fill out the form even if they aren’t planing on going. It gives me more ammo.

So, please let’s not let this idea die. We need to generate more interest as time goes by

Haha it’s funny…

not sure what kind of go-kart venue those are, but from my experience with those places, their tracks are not too esk8 friendly because of tight turns. Kicktail would definitely help here

Ill def be there and bring a booth for people to check out off road Trampa’s :slight_smile:

I kinda imagine a track with chicanes but with longer straightaways to allow for top speed and enough room to slow down and make the next chicanes …

I want to be able to showcase how exciting esk8 can be … so def looking for a large area with plenty room … im hoping for a short track, long track and one emtb course … as well as demo area … and a free ride area (just an area or loop to ride casually … so it’s a lot of space I’m looking to take up… I want you guys to take full advantage of riding your esk8…

The indoor idea is a hedge against the weather … I see @onloop’s point… I will say again…it hardly rains here…to the point where’s it hard to remember the last time it did … no joke … the odds are in favor of awesome weather next year in April-May… it is that sunny here

But I will def try to have back up plans … to insure this event can happen rain or shine …

1 Like

As a Southern Californian I’ve been going to Vegas at least twice a year since I was 13 (24 years) since my father loved to gamble with my college fund =) I’ve only seen it sprinkle once

3 Likes

Yeah … it’s pretty rare … but it does happen no doubt

Drag racing maybe a quarter kilometer. I for one would like to see some boards going full speed. We could have two venues on two different days. industry day and race day

Lol I’ll do my best to get a drag race set up…

I’ll need to gather a list of events … and figure out the format…brackets and elimination is prob the easiest … guess we should have boards set up to display the different events …

It may need to be limited depending…I will need to charge a small fee for each event entered to pay for trophies :trophy:And other stuff … I’d like the entry fee to include a special race shirt for all racers … so it feel like you are getting something…

1 Like