***13S Evo From Hell ***

Blimey, that’s quite a smack it’s taken. Body filler and a rattle can or if you could get some fibreglass pigment you could mix it into the filler?

1 Like

Hey did you solve your anti spark problem? Did you try a combo GoldenHusky’s AS + heatsink?

I figure it should work just like VESC, cool the FETs and it won’t toast :beer:

I don’t really worry that much. Since the black only is like 1mm or less this thing is going to get ugly quick. No use repairing every little nick. I wish I would’ve gotten the all black ones :frowning:

I guess that’s the price for an early adopter tho lol.

Still deciding if it’s worth it. I’d hate to spend that kind of money and it end up blowing on me.

I might just stick with what works and rock a god awful loop key.

It’s like Driving a Ferrari with a hand crank handle on the front to start it up lmao… maddening

1 Like

If I can get one to you somehow without the drama or expense of shipping I’ll send you a fresh black one when you have learnt to avoid obstacles…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Plasti dip spray it matte black instead. It will still look mostly the same, but will protect the actual finish somewhat and can be peeled off and reapplied when it gets messed up.

Or some strategically placed stickers to cover the gash?

1 Like

Lol that’s still a Ferrari! Print or convert a car key case so it doesn’t look anymore like a simple loop key :laughing: BTW can’t tell how but because of you I got a feeling of why (not a scientific why) high voltage helps a lot for pack acceleration, aside from top end speed. Now I’m tempted to ditch 8S and directly try 12S… Heh I already got that fancy 8S 6A charger! Not reasonable…

2 Likes

Lol. Don’t mind me. Just let me be all whiny and butthurt that I insta-dicked it straight off a little curb :slight_smile:

2 Likes

8 to 12 would be a massive jump

1 Like

Literally the first few hundred feet of it’s maiden :joy::rofl::rofl::grin:

Update:

Board is an absolute dream! I have probably 5-10miles on the board so far and my voltage is now only at 50.4v lol… 13S is hilariously awesome. I knew I would get more miles out of it by upping voltage, but not nearly THIS much. I can’t wait to get my metr bluetooth module so I can see just how few amps I’m pulling when compared to 12S.

Riding in FOC is very nice and I have grown to actually like the silent operation (hated it at first). Noticeably more smooth when compared to BLDC.

20mm wide belts are a damn dream. I can run them with super loose belt tension and still have perfect engagement with no skipping due to the extra width. I can free coast forever almost like what I assume a hub motor would feel like.

The one thing I don’t like about FOC is the jolt it gives when decelerating from .5mph to a dead stop (almost like the motor is locking up right at the very end). Apparently this is just an inherent problem with FOC and can’t be allevaited. Doesn’t make sense why it could start up amazingly smooth but not brake amazingly smooth… but what do I know haha…

I’ll keep you guys updated. Future plans might be to add pushin cushion, not that it needs it but it would make it even more comfy.

Oh yeah and lastly thank GOD I didn’t go 4wd like my initial plan. This thing is capable of lifting the front end off the ground if you aren’t laying down on it, and weighs ton even as is. A near 40 pound board would have been a big mistake. Maybe if you are going up 60 degree hills you’d need it, or weigh 300 pounds… but I’m not heckingneither of those boxes. This is exactly what I want an electric skateboard.

12 Likes

thanks for your detailled feeback mate !! :blush: We cant wait for your bt module too

:v:

2 Likes

This is the first board I’ve owned that I’ve changed out the bushings. First was a boosted board which I didn’t touch and the second was a trampa so it had springs. I’m currently running blood orange double barrels 89a out back and 86a up front.

I just took a look at this chart and it seems I need a stiffer bushing. I swing between 195-200lbs.

What do you guys think? I would definitely consider the evo a stiff deck…

1 Like

Hey I know we talked but I’ll put it here

Your currently on Blood orange double barrel 89a/89a rear And blood orange barrel 89a boardside/ 86a roadside

As you like the way it feels/turns but want a better centering. Think you should switch board side bushings from 89a barrels to 89a wedges to increase rebound and centering.

I’m sure others opinions will help though :slight_smile:

PS the Muir skate duro chart is universal. Blood Orange is similar to Riptide APS bushings(not WFB)

1 Like

How have you been going with wedges? Have you experimented?

Currently using boltzen 12 degree. 70/30 was a crazy as I spend most time cruising around the 15-25mph range.

How’s your board holding up with 13s? What kind of range are you getting on this beast? Debating whether I should go the 13s route when I start my evo build…thanks man

1 Like

I’m sure he’ll respond. But he’s getting around 26-30 miles and it’s been holding up great. Mine(basically the twin brother) is almost done.

Heere’s a log from the other day.

2 Likes

Yeah it has been working flawlessly. The extra cell keeps battery amps wayyyy down.

I haven’t seen over 40A ever and this setup is geared pretty tall and I’m 200lbs (setup will do 45mph easy).

Even at 100A motor setting I’m not getting any of the abs fault codes I was getting with my 12s trampa build before this one. I’m sure it’s do to the upped voltage which in turn means less amps pulled.

I will never build anything 12s ever again. 13s is the way forward for sure.

@alhow for range I would say 25+ for cruising and 15+ for beating the hell out of it.

1 Like

does 13s give higher top speed? I mean You could wait till voltage drops to 12s value but Then whats the point?