***13S Evo From Hell ***

Looking good

Drilled board and enclosure. Looking snazzy. Great fit

4 Likes

Layout to show how easy you can fit a 13S setup.

4 Likes

Now I need to figure out the best way to secure the pack. Right now I have a couple of strips of 3m tape just to test. Maybe this will be the permanent solution as I want to have the battery mounted to the enclosure.

My only fear is that when the board flexes a little the flex will get transferred to the pack as well if I mount to enclosure itself. Any insight on this one guys?

Welp I took the first ride today. It’s really crappy road conditions as there is salt and sand from the winter storms.

Not sure if it is placebo but this thing on 13S at a conservative 80motor amps lurches harder than my previous board at 100+ motor amps. I suppose an extra cell would make a pretty big difference, I know it did on my quadcopters going 3S to 4S…

Never had a board in FOC mode before. Man it is eerie quiet, almost unnerving.

I know everyone is worried about 13S isn’t braking on a fully charged battery. But one thing me and a buddy were discussing is if the amp max of the FOC box is something to be worried about. I’m pretty sure this setup theoretically would do something like 4000 watts per motor lol. Doubt that would happen real world but if so it would be something to be concerned with.

I need my metr module to get here so I can do some looking and see what is really happening.

1 Like

May I recommend some washers on the enclosure bolts to spread out some of the stress so there is less chance of cracking that beautiful enclosure

It’s looking good, what’s the top speed like on this

There actually are washers there it’s just hard to see them.

Oh and no worries about beautiful enclosure… I quickly defaced it while going off a little dip :stuck_out_tongue:

Took the blow well I suppose haha… I’m super bummed :frowning:

@bigben any advice on covering up this eyesore ? Lol

awwww shiiiittttt

a bit of matte black spray paint?

1 Like

I guess that’s true I could just rattle can the whole thing matte black

3 Likes

or some acrylic paint

1 Like

It’s solid black all the way through so you should be able to carefully try a little bit of polish? I don’t know what sort of stuff you might have to hand but T-cut should cut it back to black. G3 is a good cutting paste but it’s not something that people have laying about. Do you have something called brasso? A metal polish, that may also cut back some of the surface damage.

Mine isn’t. Only the first 1mm or so is black. When I drilled holes it has chipped and leaves the white/ clear underneath.

Ah, the layers of mat behind the gel Are clear on that one. Sorry my mistake. But if you polish that scratch it should go back to black?

Black sharpie

3 Likes

It actually into the clear unfortunately :confused:

1 Like

Blimey, that’s quite a smack it’s taken. Body filler and a rattle can or if you could get some fibreglass pigment you could mix it into the filler?

1 Like

Hey did you solve your anti spark problem? Did you try a combo GoldenHusky’s AS + heatsink?

I figure it should work just like VESC, cool the FETs and it won’t toast :beer:

I don’t really worry that much. Since the black only is like 1mm or less this thing is going to get ugly quick. No use repairing every little nick. I wish I would’ve gotten the all black ones :frowning:

I guess that’s the price for an early adopter tho lol.

Still deciding if it’s worth it. I’d hate to spend that kind of money and it end up blowing on me.

I might just stick with what works and rock a god awful loop key.

It’s like Driving a Ferrari with a hand crank handle on the front to start it up lmao… maddening

1 Like

If I can get one to you somehow without the drama or expense of shipping I’ll send you a fresh black one when you have learnt to avoid obstacles…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like