12S4P battery build help

I think I see what you’re saying. But I wouldn’t need to bend anything since I’m going 2 cells high, right? I guess it’s slightly confusing because I’m looking at your 10s3p and translating that into 12s4p. Considerable difference for a rookie like me.

We all have to start somewhere.

I of course ended up smoothing down the solder in the pic above on those bus bars so they don’t scratch through anything.

The double stack is the same exact concept because your just treating them like fat parallel groups. You’ll connect them through nickel strip something like

You’ll also want to trim the sharp angles off the sides of the nickel edges like I forgot to do in the image above.

Closer… I might have left one tid bit… 2 identical packs glued… But the nickle will will start different on each pack… Look at the flow from start to.finish… This helps keeps terminals to the outside…

IMG_20190413_100219_221 IMG_20190413_101551_306

If you do this the positive and negative leads of the battery will be too close of each other and it won’t give you a good seal between the left and right hemisfere.

Do it in a way the positive and negative leads are in the opposite side of the cell

2 Likes

I appreciate you rogering up on the pack build gut checks.

Its the one part of builds that does need peer review.

@Eboosted and other battery folks

3 Likes

Thoughts on this configuration?

You should try and have your both main leads on the outsides

Thoughts on this config:

https://a360.co/2KBIXEW

41%20PM

1 Like

Just make sure the two half’s don’t touch if you do it that way cause it’ll short

If you flood the area with silicone it works wonders but the best bet is wrap everything in fish paper and kapton tape

1 Like

Or do a harder design where Troy bend nickle strips

Using plenty of fish paper and kapton tape

This is exactly what you need to do.

Use rings on the positive side of the cells and between pgroups and you are good to go

we finally made it =P time to start welding.

F’n A! That was a lot for me but I also learned a lot too!

do you plan on soldering wire across the serial connections for extra ampacity…? or extra layers of nickel?

Yes. Welding more layers! Pictures coming very soon. My initial welding is done!