12S4P battery build help

um is there a video? :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Iā€™m not so sure, probably :roll_eyes:. Need to ask @Eboosted. It was one of the most painful and frustrating moments in his life. He barely used that Kaly street carver when it happened.

1 Like

I have a really painful video but never uploaded as it might scare people and could be used to enforce tougher laws against electric skateboards. So Iā€™ll keep it to myself

10 Likes

Can we get back to the original post? I want to setup a 12S4P in an eboosted Vanguard enclosure so it has to be 2 sets of 24 cells, 2 cells high. If someone has a diagram which would be correct and not a fire hazard, that would be great! As much as I like all the scary photos and insults about causing a fire, Iā€™d like to have some help to make sure I set this up right.

The diagram is not the issue :grin:

What diagram? I remember when this forum used to have users who wanted to help other users rather than cool know-it-all-guys who just quote users and use emojis. :+1:t5:

1 Like

You linked my postā€¦ Replicate thatā€¦ Thats pretty much what u want/need

Iā€™ve been looking at that post. Would you say this is the same setup? Trying to double-triple check I got the right wiring going on.

12S4P

Its closeā€¦ This is where i fucked up in my intital buildsā€¦ Make 2 6s2p that look EXACTLY the sameā€¦ Then when u lay it downyhe both lay the same directionā€¦and this is how you wil have the main positive/negative on the outsideā€¦ I tried writing it out like uā€¦ But this tid bit of info im giving you (which might seem like common battery building senseā€¦but is not) will ensure yur success

Not to mention this more applies to and off set pattern

Ok that makes sense. So basically just take column 1 and replicate that one twice so I have two identical columns?

if you couldnā€™t understand my wording i meant, its not the diagrams that causes the fire, its people not add fish paper along with using the diagram to build the pack.

Looks like your diagram a few posts above is missing series connections (only connects parallel cell groups). You would also need to flip the pos/neg sides on the top row.

Hereā€™s a diagram from another post showing an example of a 10s3p.

Some people will make a different type of series connection setup like

Itā€™s a rough pic but hopefully you see what I mean. In this scenario you would only cross across the to the other row once. I donā€™t use this type because it seems like it would be far easier to short, but some other people seem to like it so if your safe about it and use proper protection you should be ok.

When I build a battery myself Iā€™ll see exactly how many cells I can fit into my enclosure and then choose my battery size. This way you donā€™t have to align the cells in a plain side by side in two double stacked rows like you have above. You can get creative with the way you orient the cells and fit more. (But for all I know you did that )

I plan to add fish paper to my design. I havenā€™t built a pack ever, but I do know that is a necessity. I am more worried about where Iā€™m welding strips though at the moment! lol

huh wdym? i dont understand?

**wait nvm

I bought the enclosure from @Eboosted which is a 12S4P enclosure for a Loaded Vanguard (in my original post).

Does this look correct? Orange is series, blue is parallels. 12S4P

1 Like

um i do it this way but it requires you to bend nickle

Inked5ed566eba7f5a3dedaaf0693c19b8e431b512e74_2_690x404_LI

sorry im not the best at drawing diagrams :joy:

Right thatā€™s the same as the first one I posted before I drew all over it.

image I

Itā€™s a bit hard to see but the numbers in the middle represent series crossings.

@tkc you can do it the way you showed but I feel like the other way we mention above is a better option. I donā€™t like the bending of nickel so I use a brass or copper bus bar and cross over with wire.

sorry was too lazy to search for the original copy

ooh shit i just realized lol

I think you just missed it. It was at the top of that same post where you got that other pic.

All good