10s3p Samsung 30Q INR 18650 3000mAh 3.6V (9.0Ah)

will single layer pretty much burn up over time? How many layers is “good”?

Ampacity%20Chart Well I’m pretty sure the general rule is 15mm x 0.2mm is good for about 15amps, that is based on the table I have. So really you want 3-4 layers on the series connections.

The better way is nickel on the p groups and silicone wire on the series connections as that handles a lot more current. Another option is using pcb boards on top of the p groups and nickel strips or wire connecting each side to the pcb then linking the pcbs together with 10awg wire

3 Likes

this would be the quick n easy way to bring your pack up to par for current consumption… and only requires a soldering iron

2 Likes

Hey all, I’m selling my 2 other battery packs.

Samsung 30Q 10s3p 9.0Ah Pack 4A quick charger LCD screen XT90 connector (female)

If interested shoot me a PM, i’ll send them out USPS priority and should be able to send them out before Thanksgiving.

10%20PM

08%20AM

Have you checked the internals?

2 Likes

I have not cut open my battery pack, and dont really feel comfortable in doing so. I want to keep it well sealed/shrink wrapped and padded as it is in my small metal enclosure.

how much you selling one for?

what i paid with shipping, $212

2 Likes

Sorry, whats the dimensions again? (without cable)

battery pack dimension is 232 x 138 x 40 mm

Looks nice but between of cells the are no any space (holders). It will makes degradation cells about 35% faster than usuall…

How does that work? Do you mean it will keep them cooler by having cell holder?

Sure, holder is like radiator

1 Like

Who even uses cell holders?

The reason the pack is long is because they soeciffically did not put the BMS on top of cells in order to keep pack cool. Most of the retail batteries I see show the BMS on the cells. Matrix does not recommend this. Also i havent seen many cell holders in retail battery packs only custom ones built by DIY. I am impressed with they quality and packaging of the pack compared to others that seem to be very fragile and inwould worry could come apart.

i think youre gonna need airflow between the cells for anything close to radiator like cooling abilities…especially since almost all packs are shrink wrapped… now i dont have the research on this, nor do i care enough, but im not feeling like using cell spacers vs not is going to give any major increase in life span… id say dont full charge a pack and that would be a better route to making cells last longer… that aside, after building a few packs now i dont seal the bms in the pack any more… i wire the pigtail with enough extra length so the bms can be mounted above the pack…or literally above (on top) of the pack…but i like having access to wiring in case i need to diagnose any of the parallel groups.

I may start a new thread for the battery as this one is quite ancient .