10s3p Samsung 30Q Build Check

I’m really out of my depth since I have never used this specific and BMS before, but are you sure the switch is supposed to be shorted? Most buttons I have used for anti spark switches are momentary buttons and do not act like a switch.

Honestly, completely disconnect your BMS. You might need a new one.

I highly recommend the discharge only BMS. Cheap, small & easy. If you did indeed break this BMS or if you recieved it damaged, you can get one with super fast US shipping from BuildKitBoards.com @JLabs.

Since the VESC is really reliable about cutting off before the battery is over discharged, there isn’t much benefit to a discharge BMS. Just get a $2 50-60A auto fuse to protect your battery in case too much current is drawn for some reason.

I’ve read a couple of posts saying shorting the E switch would solve their problems of their battery not turning on. Yeah I think so too it’s so annoying to find out I gotta redo everything and it wasn’t even my fault. If ai buy a new one I gotta open the pack up and redo all the balance wires so I might just end up getting the same on I bought I hope I can get some compensation

Think you wired the bms wrong.

This would have been a great post to put in this thread, I created it to try and get all the battery build info in one area so it could be a more convenient resource for all.

I think you did pretty good on your first pack and most of all the extra tips you needed have already been said above. I would just add that the silicone wires you used to connect the p-groups, I would use a two thinner gauge instead of one thick one. As it’s easier to solder, more flexible and less thickness. Or braided strap.

Although already said, insulate between each p-group. If the cell shrink is compromised between two p-groups it can short. It is not really obvious at first.

Here’s how I wired the BMS

1. BMS P- to VESC Out -
  2. Battery + to VESC Out +
  3. Battery - to BMS B-
  4. Battery + to Charger +
  5. Charger - to BMS C- Isn’t this correct?

@Irdesigns Maybe I can post a post on this thread on that thread to find a solution. I mean I already put some fish paper between the p groups and if there was a short, there should be some discrepancy when I measured the voltage of each cell through the balance wire right? it just doesn’t add up. All I can say is that it just might be a faulty BMS, but that doesn’t seem likely either.

There should be no shorts in the battery at this stage. Pack looks fine. All the extra precaution / insulation is mostly vibration / crash proofing, an esk8 is a harsh environment for a battery.

You probably have some BMS issue. :worried: Tricky to solve over forum. Usually need to see the manufactures diagram and really clear photos of where all the balance leads /power wires go. And maybe even hand drawn diagram of how you think you wired it.

You may have killed it also :cry:. Many people have on their first go don’t feel bad. Could have been dead on arrival.

Im not BMS expert, but if you have the manufacturer diagram and really clear photo of all the wires leading to the BMS maybe someone here can figure it out.

who makes the BMS, model number?

Bestech D596 is the model number. I’m actually trying to solder the switch on if that makes a difference instead of shorting it. I will post a wiring diagram soon once I finish my homework. :slight_smile:

Ok get back to your homework :books: and stop slacking!!! Hahah.

I found a thread on this BMS already with a wire diagram.

hahaha dude this battery has been on my mind this whole day I’m super pissed. Yeah I looked at that thread to follow precisely the wiring diagram they provided me. Honestly I’m fed up with this BMS it’s bullshit the eswitch never even ended up working, and ultimately made the BMS die on me. I got this from @hyperIon2 @hyperIon1 but they don’t seem to care enough to email me back a response.
I think I’m gunna get the D140 charge only BMS or something else if you have any recommendations. Just gotta make sure to make a ghetto anti spark plug with an XT90 right?

XT90-S Its not really getto its proven to be way more reliable and safer than e-switches. It just does not look as nice. Many here prefer them after blowing up many eswitches.

Yeah I ordered a bunch of XT90 just to be on the safe side of things. Do you have any recommendations for charge only BMS?

I did email you a response, and if a d140 will satisfy you I’ll send one tomorrow

We do care. So much so we will send the D140 for free because the one you have doesn’t work. image

1 Like

Maybe a typo but you need the (s) version, XT90-S not the regular XT90.

1 Like

I’m so sorry I didn’t see your email. I was waiting for it all day, but didn’t even realize it came when I was asleep. I actually tried shorting the eswitch as soon as I finished soldering all the connectors to the battery.(cause that’s how switches work) that was my first instinct, but I still couldn’t get it to power my VESC you can see from the pictures I posted. I’m sorry again for my haste comment. It’d be amazing if you could send me a D140.

1 Like

To be honest. We don’t offer those tanks anymore because they have so many problems. I have a d140 with your name on it.

1 Like

I’ll mail it in the morning with tracking

1 Like