105mm airless tire hub motor

Thank you! for the citizen science

Edit: Ahh okay - second thread already for this https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/rewinding-90mm-hub-motor/80491

How did you do with the franken-hubs?:o
I have the same Maytech 90mm 65kV 800W @ 36v rated motors, but there are mixed reviews everywhere<:P
image image I’m also planning casting my own various types and sizes of hub motors with different composite mixtures - it will either suck not bad, or will be a total shitshow :stuck_out_tongue: time tells

2 Likes

I feel like they are good/good+ with the rewind, but I won’t likely ever do it again :stuck_out_tongue: When I did it for the second time with sensors and 15 turns/2x21AWG the result was quite nice. Top speed of 25mph, no overheating, great efficiency (way better than the stock Skullboard motors, I got 25 miles out of a 4P Samsung 30Q pack), but I kick started most often cause it doesn’t have enough torque to get me going quickly given the weight of the board is 25lbs and I’m another 185.

I was thinking of doing another round with a few more turns (18) and seeing what I got, but nah.

2 Likes

What ever became of this upgraded version?

stormesk8 does post stuff on IG, but there the store is inactive, dunno

Will upgrade it soon, in May. We use a other type for it, and will with pulley

Is there any updates on these new Motors??

@turbotrana

How did you get the skick revolutions wheels on the hubs? Did you just manually drill through it?

Boom!

NewMotors

If anyone decides to test these out, please share results.

I went another route: AEMotors

1 Like

Hi, my wheels are wearing down… is there any way i could only change the pu part? Please Help :DD

hi where do i get the pu thing with the magnets… my wheels are wearing down and i want to change them

I ordered the all terrain wheel set 5 days ago and I recieved no email or tracking number.i also e mailed them numerous times.im beginning to think it’s a scam.

I am waiting for a reply from my order of an all terrain wheel kit? is this legit or did I waste $249 bucks it was 5 days ago

Hey min I ordered my all terrain wheel set 5 days ago.and I’m also waiting for a tracking code.or some kind of e mail saying that it’s being processed