105mm airless tire hub motor

My main concern if these easy connectors can handle more than 20A. That’s probably why they have a limit. No?

I think the vibration Is the thread pattern.

I don’t remember the actual connectors but 20a limit on a connector seems very low. maybe you could add some electrical paste or something at least. best test would be to see if they’re getting hot. and even if a connector were rated for 20 amps it’s probably a continuous rating and burst of much more should be ok.

1 Like

Maybe wearing the thread pattern down would be the solution? It’s only 2mm Could be also the aluminium core that slightly flexes between 2 ribs, although that sounds less plausible

I am barely started with building the board, but what I have observed that it is freely rollling w/o any weight on the board but rolling resistance increases when I stand on it. I can definitely feel the vibration when I try to move on it. I have got some flexible epoxy that I was thinking of coating the tires with, but seems like it doesn’t work, so maybe I won’t try it anymore.

IMG_20181001_234118 IMG_20181001_234039

1 Like

Hey, you mind sharing a link to the pulley you used for the Skullboard wheels?

Hey! Just a standard flat backed 40t pulley, with a separate adapter plate (I’ll take some pics, it’ll make it a bit clearer)…

Another thing to note is that diyeboards list the motor for these temperatures:

• Maximum Heat – 50-60°C, Max 80°C / 122-140°F, Max 176°F
  • Voltage – 6S-10S 24-42V

And and this power:

• Rated Power – 500W per motor
  • Max Current – 30A

the most flexible decks in the world can’t help these hubs, friends.

per my original review, I do not think anything can. these hubs are simply not suited to smooth pavement.

my Skullboards hubs (front and rear) are for sale, if anyone would like to try them for a suitable project (they’re very well-suited for a friction bike).

half of whatever they cost is fine, and happy to consider trades.

I’m also thinking of selling my 4 front wheels, 2 modified for pulleys and 2 standard

20181001_160008

Not sure what they might be worth though?

1 Like

Guys, about the vibrations, what is the frequency of those ? I mean, if the frequency is in the same order of magnitude than the RPM of the wheels, it is most likely a balancing issue. If the frequency is higher it might be caused by the thread pattern. And if it is lower than the RPM, could be some oscillation induced by the holes/rebound on certain surface types … Also, take a look at the process FPV drone racers use to balance their motors and propellers, it would be nice to try to apply this technique to wheels balancing !

@topcloud, @direct_drive, I’m interested. PM me with what you have and condition, any functional problems, and offers.

1 Like

Got any link for balancing? The vibration (very low) happens at slow speeds. Right now I’m quite satisfied with my setup and my filler :control_knobs:

What did you use to fill the treads? I was thinking of cutting up some inner tube in the shape of the treads and glueing them to the wheels.

I used this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072MRCG8W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here after 10+ miles

1 Like

What is max A for this hub motor ?

It’s 30A. However @SKULLBOARD recommend 20A

1 Like

The motors have 9 pin connectors right? So 3x Phase, 3x hall, vcc hall, vss and tempsensor?! So only question, is it a 10k vesc compatible sensor? Maybe someone even knows the beta value?

Or even better: can some vesc user share a logfile including motor temp?

Could I please purchase a pair of those pulley for my build? Pretty please?

fyi those pulleys are nothing special, but he had to lathe the hub for a flat surface. So if you have a lathe it should be fairly easy.