100mm Boa Constrictor wheels

I think it is just the benefit of not having to bolt the pulleys onto the wheel, which also means it goes true all the time and not need try to get it to line up right. I had UNIK and a Chinese made pulley, getting it straight can be a bitch.

Very easy installation. Only tool is just for the axle nuts.

Bearing in the pulley will also take care of the radial load upon acceleration/deceleration.

1 Like

@Brad thanks for explaining it! I actually never thought about the no bolts part, makes sense!

@b264 I have tried to be nice to you, but I don’t see why you are so rude back? I was kindly asking for your point of view.

3 Likes

@JLabs I explained it all in this thread

…or Electric blue with black cores; Ferrari red with black cores; Yellow with black cores; Neon green with black cores. Forget white wheels and definitely forget …any wheel color with white cores (No-no).

1 Like

:sleeping:

1 Like

Just figured out that APS is selling bolt on Kegel pulleys

4 Likes

Shipping to US is $25!

1 Like

With the bearing you can guaranty that the pulley will run true. I also think its a good idea to take some of the twisting load off the wheel and put it through the pulley bearing. Less wear on the wheel bearing seats.

With this pulley you can run it several ways

• No bearing in the pulley
  • 1 608 bearing in pulley
  • 2 608’s in the pulley
  • Share a 10mm wide bearing between wheel and pulley!

Its nice to have the options.

The only thing I would change is to make more clearance for the truck hanger like this. https://esk8content.nyc3.digitaloceanspaces.com/uploads/db2454/optimized/3X/6/6/6645ba09d9b4eed283b63f907c29369937436db7_1_666x500.jpeg

1 Like

I was encouraged to post some pics of the white Boa pre-production wheels. Wheels don’t show any chips, person who owns them does a lot of slides. Just don’t look that great anymore. Didn’t have a proper camera on hand. image image

4 Likes

Any updates on when the Constrictors will ship?

Thanks!

Rode the board hard enough to break a kingpin but still no chunks in these wheels

16 Likes

Good news (finally) is that Labeda have started on making the actual wheels. They had a number of delays with the moulds because they underestimated the sheer size of the wheel tooling finishing steps required, and it took longer to polish and finish than otherwise would. We started the tooling process in January FYI. We will be shipping to everyone waiting using the fastest method possible.

4 Likes

@captainjez I sent you a pm a while ago didn’t know if you got it.

Lemme check, sorry if I missed it.

No worries just checking

Good news! Constrictors are finally ready for prime time. We will have 1000 sets in stock come Monday and begin shipping from our US warehouse.

24 Likes

:roll_eyes: :scream: :drooling_face:

business done right good to see

3 Likes

From next week on shipping will be fully automated with our logistics backend so orders will be shipped within 1 business day.

3 Likes

Do you know if and when sickboards will stock?

1 Like