Where can you get a GOOD vesc these days?

Yea like I said, I’m not sure about your case in particular. But In general, it makes sense that they can’t warranty modified focboxes.

What happened to your focbox anyhow?

What firmware are you running?

Blew drv 10miles on a 7s 160kv setup.

I’m really not upset about it anymore, opened up whole new channel of revenue for me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Hmm who winds thier own motors and has a high failure rate of escs here…?

1 Like

Stock one that came with it. I honestly don’t even know how to change the firmware or know if it’s even worth it.

1 Like

Also, can we get source for the special focbox firmware? If it’s not the same…and has changes that could be affected by purely 4.12 firmware we should know what it is Otherwise it’s kinda shady to claim firmware was the issue

The bldc tool on the enertion website has the firmware in the firmware tab.

Nothing shady going on man.

I know the firmware binary is there but what about the source?

I technically have no problem with changing firmware voids warranty, just nobody has ever said specifically what about it is different

1 Like

Shouldn’t it be os since it’s based on Vedder’s firmware?

1 Like

Gonna be honest with you I’m not an huge software guy. So I can’t speak too much about this this just because I simply don’t want to be wrong publically.

That’s fine, but there should be somebody that knows, pester them :wink:

Solderballs? They’ve been fine. Now they’ve updated things even further. 3.3 and FOC stable. I think I’ve been selling them for about 7 months. 2 returns. Actually 3, but 2 of them were just sent out for repair. The other one worked fine, so I used it in a build.

1 Like

If it’s not broken, don’t fix it. As a developer, I always keep that in mind.

4 Likes

Also, does upgrading to official vedder v3.xx whatever the last version is, void warranty?

You want to know what if different between the stock fw on the focbox and 4.12?

I think just from a business stand point, even if they are the same (I’m not sure) you should use the fw that the company warranties. All products have stipulations to avoid voiding warranties. Regardless how ridiculous they may sound. Don’t rip the tag off of your mattress, the tag does nothing, it doesn’t affect the integrity of the mattress. But if you take it off then you void your warranty.

Also disclaimer. My comments in this thread are not to be used in a warranty claim. I may be incorrect, refer to Enertions terms and conditions for concrete warranty information.

1 Like

The 2 Focboxes that I set up also with stock firmware and used the old BLDC Tool and no issues at all.

1 Like

That’s a good question for customer service.

I completely get all that and mostly agree, it just seems iffy, since it does seem as arbitrary as mattress tags as an easy way to mitigate warranty claims legitimate or not.

And yeah I’m not treating this in anyway as “official communication” :wink: We’re just chatting

1 Like

Are you talking about the FOCBOX?

Yes, all files should be released since it’s based on his open source project, that’s how these things work. I wrote an iphone app based on another open source project. Thus, I released source code because first, it might be helpful to others and second, I’m legally required to.

I have yet to see any FOCBOX BOM or pcb files or firmware code. Can anyone confirm if he ever released them?

1 Like

This is the most available, for v1.3, never seen any bom, and just the PDF of the PCB