Wheels brake locking in FOC right before dead stop

Yes sir

10c

1 Like

So you mean @SkaterBoy58 solution will not work?

He mentioned he is running FOC thoughā€¦

Reporting backā€¦ Hack did not work for meā€¦ still jerks when it comes to a complete stopā€¦

Dual 6374 running FOC on 8" wheelsā€¦

EDIT: Also, reducing motor/batt mins didnā€™t work either, feels exactly the same

1 Like

Damn thatā€™s heart braking

2 Likes

What happens when you change to this? Does the board not come to a complete stop with this setting? I have belt skip at the end of braking when coming to a complete stop. Would be nice if you could disengage the brake when at say 1-2km/h.

It almost comes to a complete stop like 0.5kmh. But keeps rolling at the end. It brakes really hard as normal but as it approaches 0 the breaking force gets less and less, sort of a soft stop. I think my setting is a bit low, a little higher and I think it would stop. I think you have to find a sweet spot for your motors.

Which setting are you referring to? The hack from @SkaterBoy58 ?

Same here. Iā€™m on a flipsky with 6.6 Vesc and single Turnigy 6376 (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dt6376-14p-sensored-motor-125kv.html)

Weird that has been so long and yet not fixed :frowning:

How large wheels?

Flywheels 90mm

Strangeā€¦ I donā€™t notice this on anything but my 8" wheelsā€¦

I switched to current from watt on my gear drive and itā€™s gone, did the same thing in my bludgeon but it didnā€™t change. This is a weird issue.

I feel it still my my sons 6s3p 14/36 83mm single drive.

1 Like

Dual 6374 foc, ackmaniac 3.102, 97mm flywheels, 16/36, 12s4p,same issue in watt mode.

Digging up a buried thread hereā€¦

Any resolution to this issue? Really irritated with my 8" AT board which likes to throw me off the board at very low speeds by locking the wheels.

Other speeds it works just fine, just that very last 1km/h it locks the wheels and flicks me off.

Nothing has fixed this issue for me even on my Jet Spud with 85mm caguamas I get this locking up.

1 Like

Iā€™m temporarily on single drive and also having this problem now

I can lock the wheel at any speed it not all my weight is on the driven wheel. For it to release I need to release the brake completely

Yesterday I did a nice slide because of this. Was braking with the wheel locked and decided to turn and full traction was gained. I liked it a lot since Iā€™ve never did slide before :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s oddā€¦ why are you getting this with 85mm wheelsā€¦ I thought this was a ā€œbig wheelā€ issueā€¦

Just out of curiosity, is your spud on 12S? Because the only board I have problems with runs on 12S, the rest are on 10S.

Iā€™m just trying to rule out things one by oneā€¦

Yes, my Spud has 85mm wheels and Iā€™m runing FOC. Itā€™s not a wheel size issue.