VESC Monitor Android App

Just to know the VDLA shows still no watt max

Try it with higher values and stand on the board. 10 watts limit is extremely tight. Itā€™s like limiting a car to 0,5 hp.

As I said with full power mode I do not have it. I just wanted to let you know in case you see something more. To me was not a coincident that the slave Vesc is the one that can not keep the limits in this case. Nevermind, It does slow down the board for people that wanna try it, so fine for me :grin: Thx

This might be helpful for you: https://blog.yavilevich.com/2018/04/should-you-throw-away-your-cc41-hm-10-clones-now-that-android-8-is-here/

1 Like

Form the same blog how to spot a clone https://blog.yavilevich.com/2016/12/hm-10-or-cc41-a-module-automatic-arduino-ble-module-identification/ Basically by the breakdown board and the lack of one oscillator you can discriminate between the original and clones. It doesnā€™t means that the clones wonā€™t work with the Ackmaniac software. I also have a clone. Original arduino is also more expensive.

Released a new version (1.76) of the app. Refactored a lot of the code in the background. So please report if you have new issues and write which version of the firmware you use.

The Dark theme was not shown correct in videos. So please give it another try now. I think it looks great now.

It can take a couple of hours before the new version is available at Google Play.

3 Likes

So your clone version works with oreo? do you happen to know which clone version you have?

ā€œā€¦ While trying to mimic the original HM-10 by ā€œJinan Huamao technology Coā€ they differ by firmware, breakout board and daughter board. When ordering online it is very difficult to know which exact combination you will getā€¦ā€

and where you got it from? If yours works, I could just order that one instead of waiting for the arduino and flashing the new software. I would love to get Ackamiacs app working again!!

Downloaded and going out for a test run now. Thanks dude!

Think the newest version isnā€™t available yet. just have a look at the top of the app if it shows version number 1.76

1 Like

did you have any luck? Version 1.76 is still not working for me, probably due to HM-10 Clone +Oreo :ā€™(

Lol. I made sure it was the latest. Works great too!

I havenā€™t checked on my main phone. Iā€™ve been having to use a different phone to use this app. Thinking Iā€™m just going to buy some new modules as updating them seems to be more of a hassle.

But how would you make sure to order genuine HM-10 modules?

That I havenā€™t figured out yet.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Just a little test while I had a minute. I really wish I knew how to edit!!! I strapped an old phone to my helmet this time to see how it worked. Not bad.

1 Like

@SeanHacker off topic, seeing that you are using a GT2B, can you turn off your board and remote, then turn on JUST your board and see if goes full throttle after 30 or so seconds? Mine and @danielz is having that issue

Im not anymore, i trimmed the throttle to 1500ms, so the silly gt2b receiver cant run my board into a ditch.

Helmet cam works quiet well. Might try it myself.

1 Like

I see you have a lot of signal interruptions. Guess thatā€™s coming from the carbon enclosure. Maybe try to position the module outside of the enclosure. When i ride i have more or less zero interruptions.

2 Likes