VESC Monitor Android App

Thx for the help. Definitely the speeds doesn’t fit

A constant 3-6kmh difference

Edit: doesn’t download the GPS speed. Wierd

@Ackmaniac i noticed the same bug! r2 max kmh of 5 does not work as expected. The watt is a bit lower and the difference is notable but the end Speed is not caped

after connectin the HM10 module to my VESC and collect the info with ack app i´m having this FAULT_CODE_ABS_OVER_CURRENT. like you can see in the picture below the erro ocurred 7x in a short distance. Analysing the graph i coulnd´t understand why i am having this problem. it looks like i am not over anything, could somebody help me?

Do you run FOC on 12S and the error happens when you accelerate hard? Otherwise i have no clue

10s / bldc. smoothly acceleration

I just tried again the app. It does record in background. I don’t know why it get stock on live streaming, also during a video recording with the app. I got a pretty accurate speed estimation with 20 poles. So for who has the Meepo style hub that is the setting that works the best with me.

Which smartphone do you use?

Xiaomi mi5 it uses miui that is based on Android. Usually I do not have compatibility problem. Could be this one the case?

Could be. My guess is that the performance of the phone is not enough and it kills tasks automatically. Happens also with slow phones when the video function is used and the realtime data overlay freezes.

Edit: had a quick look and the performance of your phone shouldn’t be a issue. Maybe it’s the Android implementation of it.

1 Like

Indeed my phone should be power enough. Probably is the Android compatibility that is not 100% accurate. Thx for the help. Really appreciated. As also other mentioned before do you know why when we set lower speed and lower watt the board clearly slow down but still goes faster than what was supposed to go?

I don’t have issues with that. You should test that ständing on the board. On the bench you can get false results. Maybe it also had to do with a wrong motor magnets setting in the app.

I tested by standing on the board. I will try again now that the ERPM and the GPS are almost the same. Thx!

0e958de4675e1879f177caa051160c7c9f634389_1_281x500

20 magnets it is :wink:

2 Likes

I went with the experimental way :sweat_smile: I also found this picture that shows both magnet and motor

Now the two speed are really closed.

Just released a little update of the app:

When the app runs in the background and you switch off your board you should be able to open the app and still see the last statistic data like average consumption, amps, watts, time and so on.

4 Likes

That’s good! Thx a lot. So we should see version 1.74? Correct?

Correct, Google needs a couple of hours to publish it.

And good news for everybody. Checked my bank account and saw that there is still enough space for some donations. So feel free …

9 Likes

I am going to try the new version. I notice that in 5he modes configuration on the app we still have the option watt or current no reverse with brakes. I know that in vesc tool the current mode is watt mode but in the app what do we have to select in order to choose watt mode? Because you can also enable the use max watt in the other settings

By heart I would say that current no reverse with brakes and enable use max watt should be the way to go. I started doubting when I see that in the VDLA app along the board setting the max watt value is 0. Thxs

Thanks for the info. Released new Version 1.75 which should fix that issue. @DeathCookies maybe you can have a look as well.

1 Like

You are welcome. Anyhow the upgrade that the app shows the last ride even when the board is not connect works as long you don’t close completely the app. Then us not possible anymore. Just ti let you know. I also think I understand why when I set the lower speed and watt it really slow down but doesn’t respect the limit. I made a video and basically the left motor spins faster (master VESC with uart module attached) than the slave. This thing doesn’t happen to me when I ride in the let’s say full power mode. Here the video, I couldn’t go full throttle without weight because the motors start rattling, probably because they try to overpass the watt limit.

Hope it helps

Edit: Is the master connected motor that spins slower, which make sense because it is the one that send the signal to the slave. So is the slave that spins faster in the movie. Sorry for the misunderstanding.