VESC Connect BETA PROGRAM [Abandoned - Incomplete]

more on this please :slight_smile:

For the last time: dear @jacobbloy, would you please update us? Did you abandon this project?

3 Likes

I’ll update you if I get an email back from him.

I’m abandoning hope if we don’t hear from him in a week and getting a paypal refund.

1 Like

I will do the same. I’m really sorry for Jacob when I need a refund, but at some point even my patience is over. He told a couple of times know that he will ship ASAP and the boards have arrived etc. I’m okay with waiting, but I expect some information why and for what I wait.

I agree it’s time for an update from @jacobbloy or he needs to start sending refunds. Guy is obviously not a businessman. Anyone live in Australia that paid him? I was looking into small claims court there.

No idea how much money he got for hub motors, but I paid $135 USD x 20 = $2700 Quite a chunk of money to walk away with.

Seen: 3 Hours ago

cmon @jacobbloy

Even better checking the forum and not responding.

How do u see that other persons have read new messages?

I ordered the adafruit ble uart chip, which seems to be the solution here. The open source Iphone app seems to work well, and I hope to tweak it some to add new features. I’m super excited to get my hands on it. I was debating whether or not to get involved in this beta project, but I’m glad I stayed out and a new option has popped up. The great part is that theres no firmware changes that need to be made. 1 setting on the vesc needs to be changed, and a few wires connected. Very straight forward, and if you can solder together an eboard, you can make this bluetooth chip work with your vesc.

Check it out, order one of the chips. He links everything there, even the chip to buy. It’s as straight forward of a solution as you’ll find. This guy is still updating it with new features, and I’m going to be involved in it as soon as my bluetooth chip arrives.

You can see when the last time someone has visited the forum, not specific posts.

It would be ideal to eliminate it, but it’s still useful. When building a board, knowing the max amps you will draw is very important. It determines the gauge of wire you need to use in your battery and the max continuous amps your battery can handle.

Right now, I’m in a situation where I ave no idea, because the watt meters I’m using are so inaccurate. I trust the vesc knows the correct value, as we are trusting its protections (like max amp cont settings) will work, so it better be right.

It’s also important to know how hot you are getting your vescs. It will be easy to determine if they are overheating or not, or if they are even getting close. This will help determine whether heatsinks are necessary on a certain build.

Despite the loss of sync, you can still utilize this data to make decision about your electrical system.

And trust me, I will be looking into this bug personally.

This chip and app will be the solution in the end, as the support network of developers is there (so far the original developer, @makevoid, and me)

Hi guys, the pcb she I have been waiting to be Aus for days then I missed delivery and it was never taken to my local post office.

This is being investigated.

The app is ready for every one I’m just setting up a test flight ATM.

1 Like

Small claims in Australia favours those that weren’t given what they were promised, if that’s the route you decide to take. Not sure of the legality involved with international trade (I assume you are international due to your comment). However I’m sure anyone can talk to the ACCC regardless of country of origin and they would help you out.

@jacobbloy, don’t get me wrong, I like what you are doing but it’s time to face the truth. It seems that a lot of your ideas are good but then failing at the end.

Hope this is not the case with this one, but I have my doubts when looking at your track record with hub motors starting at ES some 18 months ago and the developments until now with no finalized product.

So it seems best to wait another 2 weeks and if there are no further updates I am out.

2 Likes

Once again rapid response @jacobbloy proving his worth to the community. No reply from you in 20 days.

Looks like we are all FUCKED!!! Thanks for stealing our money. Hopefully you learned your lesson about fucking up and making promises that you can’t fulfill. Now we all know the true character that you have.

Does anyone live in Austrailia? http://www.courts.sa.gov.au/RepresentYourself/CivilClaims/MinorClaims/Pages/default.aspx

I am going to contact and attorney and see what the options are since there has been no action by @jacobbloy

From the hub motor thread:

maybe you contact paypal as i said, you have buyer protection.

1 Like

@jacobbloy I think a weekly update isn’t to much to ask for. You would be in a much better position right now.

weekly update go search vesc connect in the apple app store!

And what about the PCBs that people paid money for months ago?

@jacobbloy I canceled paypal so I am at your mercy. Just wish it wouldn’t be like pulling teeth to get any communication from you. If you begin to communicate I will stop talking all this shit, but at this point it seems well deserved and actually effective. I am waiting to hear back from my attorney after talking to the courts administration authority.

So now I have an app, but no hardware. When will hardware ship?