VESC Connect BETA PROGRAM [Abandoned - Incomplete]

@Chewyone People like you are one of the reasons that these projects keep getting delayed. you say things like its a scam and I want my money back, and I guarantee that you are not the only one. there will be at least 10% who will get cold feet and pull out, leaving a hole in the cash flow and equaling a larger delay for all the other people left. these things don’t just happen without a lot of work, and I’m sure Jacob has a lot on his plate right now. cut him some slack he is trying to help you.

Independently from the status of the code or availability of the hardware, a weekly status update on progress or issues would help to keep the supporters calm, isn’t it? Don’t forget, as soon as the money taken it’s not only community but also business…

R, J.

Hello every body i have sent out a new email today! checked mail chimp today and only 80% of members of this beta program have actually opened there last email. this means that some who are emailing me asking why they didn’t receive it please check your spam or junk folder. and or there promotional folder.

Thank you.

Jacob,

Thanks for the update! Can you give us any info on the status of the iOS app?

Look at the dates for some of these posts. Surely it wouldnt be too hard to put out a weekly update of sort when we can see him posting all these other things like an AT boosted and going flying drones with Jason and skating together. Not that I have a problem with that, but if Jacob has time for that, he has time to put aside update us.

Anyway, Jacob sent out an email after my post with some good content so responses are coming back which is nice.

I like the ambition here and what it could be, but how do you plan on reprogramming the vesc through a different protocol than USB?

Please tell me if I’m wrong, but looking through the Gahwrey repo I see code that just sets up a basic connection between bluetooth devices.

The vesc communicates the same way through USB, UART and Can bus.

Ok, in the meantime I’ve received a re-send of the mails sent out by Jacob. Looks like I’ve gone missing from his list. And I’ve actually downloaded and installed the app on an old mobile phone and it’s looking good! So not scam after all :wink:

Now waiting for for the hardware. Hopefully it arrives before our summer is over here in the northern hemisphere as don’t think I can use the remote for my Snowboards or Skis.

Is there a place where feedback / bug reports / feature requests can be dropped?

1 Like

Hey guys today I placed an order for 20pcbs I’m hoping all of the problem are now resolved!

5 Likes

Great to hear! Can you give us an update on the iOS app please

Thanks again for all your work!:beers:

Is this project still going? This would be a great thing to have, as there’s no real recording option right now for telemetry data on the vesc.

1 Like

I’m till waiting on my PCB.

Hey will have photos in about 3 days

3 Likes

Win!

10char

Looking forward to some progress being made on this. Been a long wait, but hopefully @jacobbloy pulls through and delivers.

Ok so the pcbs are finished and will be leaving the USA on Monday

4 Likes

So sweet!!! Amazing job Jacob :clap:

Hope you’re going to sell those soon! This is what the esk8 community really needs :thumbsup:

I like to see progress. Nice work, keep it up.