Vedder's VESC 6.0

Does the Vesc 6.0 have a large TVS diode like the Vesc X?

Compare VESC-X with VESC 6 doesn’t make sense at all.

• Completely new hardware design
  • Completely new firmware with more features,improvements, bugs fixes
  • Completely new software (even if VESC Tool seems to be compatible with VESC 4.12, i.e VESC-X)

Aaaaahhhhh, I can’t test to test VESC 6 ! 2017 seems so far ! :smile:

2 Likes

@chaka you know who to send a beta v6 quad vesc to :stuck_out_tongue:

Really you want to compare a copy design from a guy who is a USER to the design of the INVENTOR it self !!! DANG you need to open your eyes and smell the roses.

IMO Jason can be credited with accelerating the focus on the VESC and by being proactive on getting a different solution when the VESC 6 was taking too long to hit the market, this man is always moving forward, Kudos to him.

But after that,what vedder is trying to accomplish here is way out of our league.

I can’t wait to get my hands on these. mm mmm mmmmm.

6 Likes

How is the vesc delivering 70 amps to the motor and only drawing 7 from the power supply?

Benjamin mentions that in the video if you listen carefully :slight_smile: The current circulates between motor and mosfets and not so much current is drawn from PSU.

1 Like

There is only a low voltage going through the motor. PWS input voltage is 25 V.

So the same thing happens in normal use with a battery? Some on board telemetry runs on Bens channel show the same thing, the motor drawing more current than the battery, but not to the same extent as this test

@JTAG If you build one VESC 6 beta, I might be interested!

As soon as the files are released I’ll order aaaalllll the parts :smiley:

3 Likes

Well, by lowering the voltage you can achieve that.

10V * 7A = 70W 70W / 1V = 70A

anyone else notice that he did the second part of the test submerged under water? :astonished:

anyone else notice when he says “foc” :open_mouth: lelelelele

I only noticed that he did second part of the test with motor submerged under water. Pretty sure he remained dry for whole episode.

1 Like

Based on what I’ve seen of the new schematics, this thing is going to destroy the VESC-X and VESC 4.12 in performance and sensitivity.

Its going to be a matter of firmware in the next few weeks, but the hardware looks nearly done.

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

I really would like to see multi-vesc compatibility improved. I’m talking past traction control into virtual differential control, so that 4WD bicycle cars can be a reality. If every vesc gets its own air cooling and battery, I’m sure the vehicle can put up with a lot of weight and go quite fast. Of course, turn input, wheel diameter, turn radius and wheel spread would have to be noted into the vesc, Virtual differential can be a reality if you have all the proper specs (see italics) along with a constant update on the steer/turn position. Then VESCS would really outdo its current capability and become easily implemented into all sorts of home-built electrical vehicles. Batteries and general wiring is pretty easy for the other stuff, (lights, signals, horn, cabin climate, windows, etc), but having a solid multi-vesc and motor operation with a virtual differential would really be something. The vesc would become popular in poorer nations where smaller vehicle transportation (motorcycle sidecars and peddle bikes) is a lot more popular than 4-seater sedans :cold_sweat: because the vesc power ceiling (4x spec) is above their demands. those countries are already quite polluted too so they would benefit from the cleaner energy consumption. Virtual Differential! Woo!

4 Likes

Can’t wait to get my hands on this! My vesc just went, so I’m waiting for this to replace them with! If he needs testers I would love to get a beta version!

That escalated quickly

3 Likes

New video, i liked how smooth is the RC car on FOC in the end

10 Likes