Vedder's VESC 6.0

safest bet ever.

4 Likes

Hey guys, do you think its better to wait for this to be released or should I get the current vesc?

If you are ok with 10s/BLDC, there is no difference. the new one might be more stable with 12s and FOC.

I just glued my halls between the stator teeth of my sk3 (aprox. 120 deg), and they worked after auto detection. VESC is so nice! Hail Vedder!:raised_hands:

2 Likes

Alright thanks !

Could the new vesc have a higher eRPM limit or is that not something planned for this release?

Do you know this forum? vedder.se

Could the new vesc have a higher eRPM limit or is that not something planned for this release?

Running the motor higher than 60K erpm is inefficient so it is not likely to have a higher limit than the current VESC. We will have to wait and see if it will be stable closer to 100k but again it would be a fruitless exercise since the efficiency of the motors is reduced significantly when driving higher than 60k ERPM.

Supposedly V5 will be more stable for larger motors too.

Did anyone change the title to 6.0? :smiley: thought 5.0 is still in development

Is the new design also a 4 layer pcb? 4 layer is x times more expansive.

greets

@Lukas I’m curious about this too. I thought that version 5.0 was the one that Vedder is currently working on.

Version 5 was a two pcb design and was dropped in favor of a single 4 layer pcb resulting in version 6.

5 Likes

version 5 was supposed to be a pcb stack with 2 pcbs. That design got canned before seeing the light of day, so the HW got up reved to version 6, single 4 layer pcb.

2 Likes

maybe hes doing a microsoft…

4 Likes

VESC Vista? :fearful:

1 Like

Ha @Haimindo VESC ME ?

1 Like

@chaka @Blasto thx that makes sense.

The old vesc had (3) 680farad caps (or mili-farads or whatever) the new one uses just 2. Closer to the board is better but given the long battery wires people use on skateboards and also I heard from Ren who did the calculations the inductance of the wires is too much already for FOC.

Send to Vedder.