Vedder's VESC 6.0

Take a look at the videos from Ben - plenty of PCB pr0n:

Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Promised if you promise to tame yourself.

Sad news: Benjamin broke is foot on Saturday. Guss how? Doing dangerous esc- research on an Evil twin drive 12S 7P, dual VESC SIX Trampa MTB, thrashing down the craters test track at ridiculous speed. Just kidding: Tire exploded, worn out, couldn’t wait for the parcel with new tires. He thought the battery exploded and jumped off at speed. One foot got stuck, board spun the foot 270deg. FUCK!

Result: Eight titanium kingpins in his right foot and leg. Just had a longer conversation with him. BETA is in no danger. He has his fingers on the keyboard already, slightly slowed down by a good portion of morphine, still faster than anyone else.

Do me all a favor and send him your best wishes through his forum!

Frank

12 Likes

best wishes, and OUCH!

Get well soon! Reminds me to get me some protective gear…

ouchy. maybe i should use my motorcycle boots after all ^^ best wishes to the ESC grandmaster

Do so! Worth every penny. He had a helmet at least. Heal straps are a must have when riding with bindings.

Frank

1 Like

:no_mouth: omg, hugs to BV, get well soon!

I will, I will, Its just; every update expands my patience a little, I think pictures will expand it even further… Just kidding :grin: , keep up the good work you doing and try to get some rest, you seem to be online 24/7 :fearful: .

I went to the forum and wished him all the best, and the other thing → The BETA is nowhere near as importance as your personal life / health. You guys should take enough rest, and especially Ben right now :(, we can wait!

2 Likes

Can we at least get the dimension of the VESC 6.0 or a CAD version of the completed reference board?

2 Likes

I know this only too well, 14 stainless screws, 2 stainless plates in my forearm and one titanium screw in my wrist, 5 more weeks of immobilization to go :neutral_face:. Morphine was nice tho :smile: Hope Ben recovers fast, I’m literally tired of waiting to get back on my boards, this time with wristguards on.

I will try to book a flight to see him and help him a bit next week, shopping cooking etc. Putting pressure on my wife though, needing to care for the kids all alone.

Frank

1 Like

I wouldn’t be able to tie a shoelaces without my girlfriend, I’m sure Ben would appreciate some help if You have a chance.

1 Like

I will try my best! Lucky he is, that Air Berlin flies four times a day, 7 days a week. Not cheap though, 300€ per trip.

Frank

Can you please stop using this very sad accident of BV to promote yourself and show how good you are ?

Sorry, not my intension. People want the BETA to start, there is some serious pressure on his shoulders right now. Such an accident is a bad thing and I will do what I can to help out if necessary. He can’t walk, stand up, nor go shopping. I’m a bit worried to be honest! I’m pretty tied in and not as flexible in taking time off because it creates pressure for my better half. It’s a miserable situation…

Last comment on that!

what are you talking about. all Frank is doing is saying how his friend has broken his leg. We are all part of the eSk8 family and BV is part of that family.

2 Likes

Benjamin and I will start with the reference design as soon as the software is out. It’s sketched up but still needs a bit of attention. It needs to be really good and flexible to adopt. The only way to do it is to make one thing happening after another. To little man power! Now Benjamin can’t stand up, walk nor solder the prototype and test ride it. So I will send the designs to be made somewhere in a small batch, rather than hand solder them. It will slow things down a bit. Please no pressure right now. Bones need to cure! This accident will delay things slightly. Health is more important. He is really not capable of standing up! Foot was pointing backwards and hanging down in a 90°angle! Hurts thinking about it.

Frank

First of all best wishes to Benjamin. Hope he will get well soon. Why building small incredible expensive batches somewhere and not team up with a third person that is able to handsolder and also test things? I think outsourced sample production in china in the developing phase slows the whole process down a lot (less important), but also costs unnecessarily a lot of money. (more important) I think it would be possible to find a person that can handsolder himself, knowing a little bit about EE to contribute and is willing to help. :wink:

1 Like

Thx man! Vesc needs good guys helping.

Frank

2 Likes

I hope you see the hint who that person maybe is. :blush: At least one of them.