Vedder's VESC 6.0

I believe this question is relative to this thread… Please tell me if it is not and i will gladly delete it.

Where can i find a spec sheet? I need to make sure the Vesc 6.0. Will work best with my build intentions… I live in the mountains of Western NC USA and need a hearty hill climber… i know gearing is important but i do not want to burn out the Vesc6.0 also i hope to get a good range and ideally regenerative energy back to the batteries while in use. Also hope to get a nice smooth downhill glide to motorized transition as well as the same for the reverse direction up down backwards and forwards. I was also hopeing to run some Led lights if possible for turn signals, breaking and headlights if possible. Thanks again ~Journ

The vesc can do anything better than any other ESC on the market. So vesc if your best option no matter what it can do. But im pretty sure it can do everything you want with the right gearing

1 Like

Is Trampa the only place offering Vesc 6.0?

They are the first and currently only…They are working directly with Vedder, the creator of (Vedder Electronic Speed Controller) VESC

Hill Climbs - this video is great to see what kind of continuous power the VESC 4 and 6 can handle.

Highlights:

VESC 4 testing 70A for 30 seconds before temperature protection kicks in 35A Continuous from 45 seconds and beyond

VESC 6 testing 70A for 3 minutes before temperature protection kicks in Drops from 70 to 50A from 3 to 5 minutes as temperature protection kicks in 50A continuous from 5 minutes and beyond.

Keep in mind this is all limited by temperature, and adding a fan or some other sort of active cooling can increase the times for both the VESC 4 and 6 to run under high current loads.

As for lights, another video showed the VESC 4 running headlight, taillight and turn signals.

4 Likes

Does anyone know how you can access http://www.vesc-project.com/

The email from Frank from two days ago say we need to use our email addresses and a default password. But I am having no luck, is anyone else having any luck with this?

1 Like

IIRC - Frank is going to email you/us the password when ready. I know he was traveling and likely still catching up. Patience…

1 Like

Cheers. just a bit eager to get working. this last part is all I need to finish my first build… The Excitement Is Real!

Some one knows dimensions from the aluminium case?

Dimensions would be very good to get our hands on.
I know I want to strap a cpu cooler to the case to give it better cooling, just not sure if the aluminium case is too large/small to make it work.

+1

I also need to know, for enclosure design.

frank said it somewhere in this thread not superlong ago, scroll up for a while or look for @trampa posts!

1 Like

I sent a sketch to all beta users. We will not publish the casings details until we got the feedback from beta. Changes might happen and publishing now will frustrate people who start milling things, based on the sketch.

Frank

1 Like

Frank i didn’t receive any sketches!

sanjoy

Just send me a mail. Frank at Trampaboards dot com

Frank

Maybe that’s why “frank at Trampa boards dot com”

@trampa So what is the ETA for a VESC 6 for the people that order one now?

We try to get them ASAP to Nottingham. Benjamin just got the first sample for confirmation ( after a week of FEDEX not being able to stick the dam sample into Benjamins letter box. We hope to get everything assembled and sent to us in the week 17ths to 21 April. We are getting very close to holding them in our hands. For the now we want Beta Testers to do their Job and get them ASAP. Send me a PM if you wish to be on Beta II, which will ship at the same time as BETA I.

Frank

OK, thanks! I’ll think about it. But right now I am not sure how soon I’ll have time to assemble the board, so I’m not sure I am beta material. Might be end of May or so before I could do some serious testing.

@trampa

Just to double check, was your email " [email protected] " because ill pop you an email about those sketches as well, my builds getting kinda cramped so I was just wondering about dimensions.

1 Like