Vedder's VESC 6.0

There is at least one other technique using coherent porous silicon.

Yes please. Like @squad, Iā€™m in the way to build a mount plate for them (will be mounted using Holypro truck screw). Having the dimensions now allows to save few weeks of beta testing :wink:

Just out of curiosity, how many beta users / devices are there ( @trampa )?

We limited it to 50 devices. Overlookableā€¦ If you are interested PM me, maybe I can find a last pair of Vescs for you.

Frank

1 Like

Iā€™m interested in beta testing!

Thanks for the info and offer (and all your effort organizing all of this with BV)! I am already one of the 50 :smiling_imp: (so I just learned ^^).

1 Like

Iā€™m making my first build with a vesc 4.12. Iā€™m new but fairly handy, and have a background in engineering.

I would also be interested in beta testing if itā€™s still an option.

Any room for a newbie to get in on thisā€¦ in other words i am also interested in beta testing & or getting on the list to purchase once beta tested? Or are there prequalifications/prerequisites that i may lack? Either way much respect. I look forward to purchasing two when they are ready. Thanks

I would be down to beta test

1 Like

There is some room left since we increased the Beta batch due to min order quantities. So anyone who is still wanting to get in please PM me your name and mail + quantity ( 1 or 2). Iā€™ll drop you on the list and send you a mail later this week.

Frank

1 Like

Hi Beta II testers, after doing some more maths on the VESC 6 Beta, we have to announce that we canā€™t sell the VESC 6 Beta II at the same price we did before. I would love to be able to offer you guys the same deal, but its not possible at this stage. So we made the decision to offer you the following limited forward ordering deal:

If you buy two VESC 6 Beta, we can offer you 195 GBP per VESC. If you buy a single you can get it for 220GBP.

All Beta VESCs will have all cables and connectors (XT 90) + Housing (Heat Sink), basically Plug and Play.

Sorry that we canā€™t offer the 175GBP price any more. Actually this was price was based on a miscalculation and Beta I testers were more than lucky to get away with it. Ted and I did the maths today based on the latest quotation.

Anyone on the list not agreeing on the new pricing: Donā€™t worry your purchase is not compulsory, so its up to you to step back.

Frank

3 Likes

I would hope people just building their first board wouldnā€™t be buyers for the beta $268 USD is alot for you to screw up on a possible mistake building your first build. Just saying leave this to experienced builders to test first.

1 Like

I hear you. But i am seeking the best brains (Vesc) for my ride so i donā€™t waste money only to regret it and come back to buy the cutting edge anyway later although i can wait too. Idk what i should doā€¦ iā€™m a newbie ready to build my ride and the price is what i expected to pay anyway even though it keeps changingā€¦ if its $268 for one and i need two it may be true the test is one i canā€™t afford to do. Any advice is welcomed. http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/first-build-project-upgrading-mbs-colt-to-electric-2wd-mountainboard/18264/45 So maybe someone can clarify the price for two and if there is any warrenty? ā€œlimited forward ordering deal: If you buy two VESC 6 Beta, we can offer you 195 GBP per VESC. If you buy a single you can get it for 220GBP.ā€ What is GBP Great Britain Price? Cuz yeah Iā€™m in the USA and am not sure the exchange rate. Seeking advice, Thanks

Yes thatā€™s the conversion for usd.id recommend a 12esc for @torqueboards thatā€™s what most set ups I see use for a mountain board.

1 Like

What are the big and small differences between the two besides price?

Just wait for official release

1 Like

Try to find the ā€˜ā€˜previewā€™ā€™ā€¦ or if trampa is kind enough maybe he will answerā€¦

Basically I think it was this:

Improved current capability More customizability / better software side to deal with all kinds of things Less (almost non?) possibility of error, fried drv chipsā€¦

Maybe some moreā€¦ but yeh

1 Like

Basically the VESC 6 is - quote Benjamin ā€œMagnitudes better than any VESC 4 out thereā€. And its true, its magnitudes better. Sure the VESC 4 will also profit from VSC-Tool, but its still the old hardware. I really never had problems with my quality VESC 4 controllers on streetboards - but I keep it at 40A drain @ 12S + use temp control on the VESC and Motor.

Frank

3 Likes

if youā€™re building a regular eboard, just go with an improved version of the VESC 4

Ollinboards has (from my experience) a very reliable vesc 4, Iā€™ve not had an issue with it and not seen any (except 1) have a problem with it

Enertion also has a similar product (VESC-X) that Iā€™ve seen positive feedback about too,

Try those as I canā€™t see that a first build would greatly benefit from the VESC6 as it is now

Well, some guys always want the latest stuff. In some cases its wise to invest a bit more and have the new model. In some cases you could say the old model does the job. So its a matter of attitude and your budget. Iā€™m always astonished by the cues in front of the modern cathedrals called aā€¦pl store. Folks sleep in front of the stores to be the first to have the latest stuff. I bet in 2018 no one will make VESC4s any more. VESC6 is the future. The latest VESC 6 firmware is just so much better. Its a software issue, not a hardware issue. You canā€™t run VESC 6 Firmware on VESC 4. But I do also agree that VESC 4 designs do work quite well in most cases, just like my two year old smartphone still does the job. Well, the camera could be betterā€¦

Frank

4 Likes