Using 12s batterys

Good to know! Thanks for the info. Maybe I won’t need to upgrade to a dual setup any time soon lol

Well with twin motors you get less motor cogging more torque up hills and the acceleration is incredible. Even on 6s twin motors hall butt. With 12s and twin motors your turned into a rocket ! I did try taking one belt off to see what one motor would feel like and the motor cogged more and the acceleration just was not there. I was not pleased. With twin motors I feel like the green goblin on his sky board lol

And now I’m bumping things up with 15 tooth motor pulleys.

Omg this board can go up even the steepest hills and accelerate up them ! Some guy at the bottom of the hill stopped turned his head in amazement and watched me go straight up the hill. :smile: that hill is steep I’m talking almost straight up. 12s and twin motors will rocket you like a missile with more power speed and torque.

2 Likes

What! Like an elevator :smile:

2 Likes

Hey has any one done an amp draw test on these r spec motor using 12s ? I wonder how many amp’s I’m pulling going up hills. I’m going to be installing 15 tooth pulleys on the motors soon too. I’m sure that will bring up the amp draw.

You are probably pulling around 35 to 40 amps @ 44v when you start feeling those sweet G’s from acceleration or hill climbing.

No way its only pulling 40 amps. I’m going to get a amp gage and test it my self

do you think it is more or less?

I’m guessing more then 60 to 90 amps

With high voltage, you should be pulling less amps, so I don’t think it’d hit 90… maybe 60 uphill or during fast acceleration, but not much more than that.

haha it’s all just theory until you actually test it!

The ESC I just ordered have something called punch control. So is that so you can program in acceleration when you punch it? I’m guessing here. Soft med and hard. Oh this is cool. This will help to keep me from loosing balance under acceleration.

Yeah I have set my punch to the lowest. (But it’s still got plenty of punch)

So not zero but you are using some punch control?

I have it set to the lowest punch setting. its still pretty quick off the mark though.

Two 8s car esc’s two 20,000ma 4s lipo’s in series for 8s. No more throttle trigger problems and now I have brakes. Punch control is cool too. No more jurky throttle control. Oh and the esc’s have fans on them to keep them nice and cool. The esc’s were to big to fit in the case so I mounted them on the out side

The board is now much lighter then it was ! These 4s lipo’s are only 40mm thick so I got more ground clearance now so I might take one of the truck spacers out on each truck. I need to figure out what resistor to use for the anti spark switch. I set punch control at 100% because any thing less and this 8s power wants to jurk the board out from under me like the 12s did. Will reducing the motor timing from 8 degrees down to 4 degrees help reduce some of that jurky throttle response and if so what about 0 degrees timing ?

Any ideas on the motor timing settings 0-4-8-16-30 degrees. I tried it out on 0 and acceleration was slow and steady. At 4 the acceleration was a bit stronger. At 8 degrees the acceleration was quick and a bit jurky. All tests were done with punch control set at high 100% any thing less and the board wants to jurk out from under me with only a small change in throttle when motor timing was at 8 degrees. I’m going to try motor timing set at 4 degrees and turn punch control down a notch at a time till it trys to jurk the board out from under me then turn it back one notch. I do like acceleration but not to the point where it becomes dangerous.

Ya but are you using 6s 8s 10s or 12s. At 6s you would not need alot of punch control if any at all. I’m running 8s and twin motors so more punch control is needed.

By lowest. I mean most. Did I confuse you? Like i mean slowest acceleration so that im not doing manuals every time i accelerate.

@lowGuido what’s wrong with doing manuals every time you accelerate? I thought that was proper form. lol

3 Likes

I wish I could stay on the board with no punch control and motor timing set at 30 degrees on 12s. That much acceleration would be mind blowing lol. Wahooo ! Maybe I should set it up like that next time someone asks can I ride it ?