Trampa Street Carve NYC Style

@Kaly First off, WELL DONE, sir! Those are some awesome mounts!

@cmatson I am also interested in your milling method… Bit? rates on xcarve? spindle speed? Material?

Highly impressive build! Keep up the really great work!

Can’t remember the feed rates (since I wasn’t happy with the result, I didn’t bother to write them down), but I want to say I was at around 20,000rpm.

For the bit I used a 2 flute 1/4 inch aluminum bit for most of the cutting, and a 3 flute aluminum 1/8 inch bit for the more detailed stuff.

Material was 1/2 inch 6061 series aluminum, which in hindsight was kinda overkill… I think @Kaly’s solution was much better to have a thick base and then a thinner plate that the motor mounts onto, but I (at the time) wanted it to be all one piece.

haha @Kaly knows way more about the aluminum cutting than me, so I’m taking some notes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Wow! Wow! Wow! Damn wow! That’s awesome! :heart_eyes:

Amazing … I love this board set up!

Can you provide the 3d files of the mount for the community? It would be nice to see a video about the flexibility. Your approach seems promising :thumbsup:

3 Likes

NICE BUILD!!!

I was just looking into picking up some threaded inserts for my enclosure. What size did you get?

Well I was dead set on a trampa emtb build until I came across your carver build. It looks awesome! I like your mounts better than the ones offered by trampa any chance you would be willing to sell an urban Carver kit?

Hello guys I’m back from vacations, super fun under the Dominican Sun :sunny: Some pics.

Now tha everybody is happy I get to go back to the sweatshop :slight_smile:

Tomorrow the weather is going to be sunny I’ll make a video for the flexibility of the board with the sectional battery enclosure and how the board rides.

@Mrmoonlight the inserts are m4 This one

@Garrett42 I am in talks with a local metal shop to produce a batch of mount to sell but that will take a few weeks to be in production mean while I can machine a few with the xcarve next week after I resolve some leveling issues with the machine.

3 Likes

Hope to run into you at bronx river park, will be riding tomorrow

1 Like

Sounds good, I would be more than willing to take a dual mount setup for an urban carver off your hands.

1 Like

Today i was able to take some pictures outside check it out, i made a short video but will upload it tomorrow

25 Likes

Looks Great Kaly !!

How do those trucks feel and ride ?.. and which Model Trucks are that have a 8mm axle?

Thanks

Awesome, welcome back!

Beautiful design

Could make a video showing the flex from the side? I plan on making something similar on the future but not sure how much clearance I will have from the enclosures, since I plan to go off-road sometimes on pneumatics

soooo cooooool so gooooood (I guess :smiley: ) Enjoy, this is really a beautifull bad ass diy e-board !!! !! yes please, videohohoho !!

1 Like

Hi put together a short video hope you like it :wink:

9 Likes

@Randyc1 The ride is nice and stable the truck is 12.5 in wide and it carve like a charm.

The Trucks are the mini vertigo @trampa trucks you can get them Here i am using the trampa Carve bearing here this ones fit a normal skateboard wheel and the trampa 9.525 axel.

@Pedrodemio i recorded the flex but next time will do it with a tripod so can be more clear. if you are planning on pneumatics there will be more than enough clearance.

@Riako The flex on the board and the flywheels make the ride so smooth Finally have something that is easy on my knees :smile: ( old basketball injury)

1 Like

Thanks Kaly !

To bad they don’t have a 8mm axle, those Trampa bearing must use Smaller Ball Bearing to fit conventional Wheels. Trampa Wheels must use Bigger Bearings ?

The outside diameter of the trampa bearing fit any conventional skateboard wheel. Is just the inside diameter that changes you can use any wheels with those bearings as you can see on the post above I started by using a flywheels clone from eBay.

Yes i understand , but the ball bearings inside Trampa Bearings need to be smaller.