The Salvaged 36 X 9 - Sticker bombed UV Leds & headlights | 83mm Fly wheels | 5065 270kv| Single Drive | 2x 6s lipo | 6S esc (updated -lower specs) Completed

Lol

Yep that’s the one :+1:t2:

1 Like

I just received these lights, gonna put them on my eboard, what is the easiest way to install them? i’m running two 5000 3s each lipos.

@Tampaesk8er which lights?

These.

Ok I’m not sure exactly what you mean in terms of the easiest way to install them…

Do you mean attach to the board…? Do you mean you want me to tell you how to wire them?

Gotta be specific

If you are running 6s just splice some battery power into one of these

https://www.ebay.com/itm/321348809000

Then to a switch that is attached to your lights.

Volia!

Use some insulated clamps for the lights … and :boom: bam

http://m.homedepot.com/p/3-8-in-Rubber-Insulated-Metal-Clamps-2-Pack-PPR-1500/100150329?MERCH=REC--mobileweb_pip_rr-2--100160272--100150329--N

I wouldn’t use that one specifically, you want closer to 12v, not 5v (i’ve got almost the same lights, 5v won’t cut it) But a buck converter is what you want. I think this one will suit a little better.

lol I didn’t see it was 5v lol thanks but yes the the 12v one

Since I got 10 bulbs, i connected one directly to the battery to test one and it works perfecty, will it be ok to splice it in to the red and black wires of the vesc so when i turn the board on they also turn on? Also, will it use up alot of power from the batteries?

No worries! Thought it was just a small oversight, just didn’t want him to be disappointed when it doesn’t work :slight_smile:

What @Michaelinvegas and I would recommend is to splice in the input leads of one of those step-down converters to the input of the VESC, then put a switch on one of the output leads of the converter (then you can turn them off during the day), and then wire however many you want in parallel (I imagine 2 would be quite sufficient) from the other side of the switch to the other lead of the converter.

They will draw 9W each, probably adding around 0.36 Amps of battery draw to your system (6s if I read your previous posts right)

1 Like

Thanks for the input, im just connecting 2, they are blinding bright, i do have an extra switch that i will be using.

Don’t worry it won’t suck any power that you would use lol it’s nothing …

I’m trying to figure out how I’m gonna put a Bluetooth module and speakers on to a board right now! Lol 50w per channel! To bad I can’t fit 50w speakers … yet.

And if you are wondering what I’m using

1 Like

Awesome!!!