The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

what board is that wolffox? it looks just like the bustin sportster shape but not dropped thru. board i have. It looks like carbon with the nose guards. looks fantastic. all i could ask for is dropped thru.

the plate and hardware went out yesterday

1 Like

incredibly sexy yes yes! :heart_eyes: http://www.hi5ber.com/#!raptor/ca1y

1 Like

@whitepony is correct. Itā€™s a hi5ber raptor. Thanks for sending the hardware. I have it mocked up with some flimsy spare stuff, but it feels great to push around on.

14 Likes

that is awesome. we almost have the same deck and motors and trucks and escsā€¦what batteries.? im up and will be rolling and doing tests all day assuming i dont have some problem. If I can get the wattmeter im hoping to get today iā€™ll do a shlew with that.
awesome board. with the height you could do the 44 trucks. never tried them. I will be trying to make that board!

after dragging a motor wire lastnight on my favorite fast long straight it cut straight through! desoldered really. Ive cut them really short this morning with the vescs right beside the truck. I think its a safe place for the vescs and the wires are then held away nicely. vescs touching trucks.

I will be riding or charging all day.

1 Like

Iā€™m not trying to derail this thread, but there was discussion above about a removable hub design.

I have a patent-pending universal design that uses hex nut, although the hex nut feature is not the main thing that sets it apart from other motors. I am releasing it soon under the Trillium brand (ridetrillium.com) and will need some help Beta testing if anyone is interested. It actually isnā€™t really aimed at the DIY market (or at least the endless-sphere / eSk8 type crowd) but I think I will make it available to you guys. More on this soonā€¦ I will make a thread at that point,

-Ev

2 Likes

that board is so beautiful and looks really perfectly shaped. smooth concave, not too crazy, small drop that gives you a cool looked in feel when you place your foot right in front of it ā€¦ and probably light as a butterfly. and then 4 hubs wow, Iā€™m really a little envious. the crazy challenge will now be to make an enclosure that lives up to the rest!!

1 Like

lets see it. sounds cool. with the motors being made in steel maybe we could add it?

Add what? a nut?

your patentpending universal design

Iā€™m not sure if there would be a need to. Your motor is fine as-is, isnā€™t it? Seems pretty solid and cost effective. My motor set will never be $265, unfortunately.

The enclosure will probably be by @psychotiller, but if you wanted to buy one of these decks and give it that amazing enclosure treatment, like your vanguard, this would be a good candidate! If you do it sooner than later, please send me copies :sunglasses:

5 Likes

The only downside to the axle nut is you are limited to a much smaller stator unless you build it inward like Carvon.

I would like to comment further, but I do not think this is the place to do so. Itā€™s amazing how many hub motors popped up in last couple yearsā€¦ I look forward to adding one more to the mix. Keep up the great work, Hummie. Pretty motors.

3 Likes

Iā€™vce read something about the heat issue being fixed, but I canā€™t find it. Was it something with the bearings? Any idea when the fixed version will be available?

either all belt drive efficiencies were exaggerated or a hub isnt really more efficient. if the weather is ok tomorrow, ill do one round around my favourite lake with max foc speed on my vanguard. thats probably 2km distance, terrain mostly flat, surface pretty good! oh, nvm the lake, there are actually 2 curves that I cant take with max speed. :fearful: guess ill find something else :smile:

might be that people always just read the max values from their gps apps and rarely do max speed measurements over a larger distance as average!

This made my day XD

Nice tests, saw the vids on your youtube channel. Love the quiet one with these geese. Should get a full face helmet for these speeds though!