The nicest hub motors! For sale cheaper than anywhere!

I prefer glueing. It allows for possible removal in the future for maintenance.

Sorry guys, the thing about welding was not meant to be a serious remark. TGIF :yum:

I know itā€™s difficult to properly read all of the emotions online.

@wolffoxx Holy crap dude, 4wd hummie motors? Are you going to power them with 4 VESCā€™s? :astonished: You got probably reach the speed of sound with that setup!

2 Likes

Yes 4x vesc! But, to curb any unintentional interstellar travel, Iā€™m planning to gimp it in the vesc sets, at least for a long time. Iā€™m really in it for the torque and stealth of the hubs.

8 Likes

May I ask which ESCs you will be using to drive the hubs then?

You donā€™t get more speed, just more torque. For more speed you have to rise battery voltage or motor kv.

1 Like

Or you could rise the wheel diameter (gearing) bc you have more torque.

2 Likes

Probably TB VESC, to keep price down; maybe Ollin VESC for ship speed and rep. Debatingā€¦

This needs a beast of a battery.

Or Hummieā€™s 200kv motorsā€¦

1 Like

Hey, elaborate on this battery part, please. Thatā€™s a 33 inch Hi5ber microdrop deck. There isnā€™t a ton of space under it for a massive battery, and I want to keep it light-ish, besides. Iā€™ll get a 12s battery, but would a 12s3p or 12s4p not be sufficient? This is really just intended to be a sleek, portable, commuter with some climbing torque. I weigh about 160 and Iā€™d like to get high teens mileage, at just casual speeds. Iā€™m under the impression that the 4 motors will draw around the same amount of power as a 2wd, in total, but just spreads the load out.

You are right, the load will spread to all four wheels and be lower for each motor.

Thats true, but i just can almost reach my unloaded speed with my 1 wheel :wink:

maybe i went slightly downhill, when i hit that speed

I reached 42km/h (26mp/h) on only 10s and iā€™m pretty heavy weighing 94kg (207lbs), but this was on BLDC mode. I think your tests/measurements would be way quicker on BLDC with 12S and a lighter dude on top.

FOC is taking time to get use too. You can get up to speed and I donā€™t even know if Iā€™m going fast lol I hear no sound.