The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

So do you guys just have a bunch of Land wheels lying around? The company didn’t even take them back to repair them?

They didn’t once request for me to return mine. I think they are really confused at what’s happening to their product because they really though it was a premium drive system. Last night I got a message from Eileen to spray lubricant between the wheel and the hub motor as it might be ride of the clicking noise according to another costumer! At least she’s the sales person and not the engineer there.

Proper thing to do would be to take back a few failed/failing drives and find out where the problem lies. I am being promised replacements once they have a solution, but I have no idea where they are in terms of finding a solution.

Have you tried taking it apart yourself? It must be a common issue if they all have em. Melting wires is one issue because of the small wire they use I think.

I haven’t. I don’t want to give them a reason to void their one year warranty. They really need to invest in better material. the plastic cover over the electronic in the base cracked, I assume it’s from road vibrations. I have two units and they are both like that.

Mhm. I’d like to check one out. Let me know if they ever end up replacing anything. Sounds like a fun project.

From landwheel contact today

The problem which make the board can not use normally, we decide to change another circuit, we will use the Taotao Circuit then, I don’t know whether you know Taotao, Taotao Technology is a famous skateboard circuit manufacturer, which has good reputation on Scooter and skateboard.

But Taotao Circuit is not ready now, it will ready next month, and when we use it, we need to test it, and a test at least need 1 month then, so the next shipping time is around end of December, I know this date is a little late, but a normal period also need.

Hopefully this fix is legit.

Show quoted text

believe it or not mine still rides it has does about 10 charges now … today the on button broke and I accidentally pushed it in the housing … bye bye weatherproofing my battery does short when you put it in now … luky it got stuck in the on position nog tr battery is my switch don’t think it will last long on the contacts … I talked to Eileen as wel she promised a new unit before next year …

Eileen can promise all day and night. But realistically she’s only relaying information from other people at LW. I rather them spend more time testing the durability of the 3rd batch instead of rushing them into production again. I feel really bad for her because she genuinely thought she was selling a great product.

What weatherproofing, there are no o-rings anywhere. I think the motor is probably water resistant, but the main until is just plastic and screws. I would not ride it in puddles.

Hi guys,

Just came across this thread and wish I had found it earlier. I myself bought a sample landwheel L3-A around September, had similar problems as mentioned, then after many delays received the updated version a few days ago. It is definitely a major improvement, seeing as it is smaller, the wiring seems better. At first use it seemed fine. But it suddenly started turning off randomly and is really dodgy when going fast.

Personally I do believe they are telling the truth and find it such a shame that they haven’t sorted out this issues. I myself have been dealing with China for many years and I find that this is one of the few companies from Alibaba which are trying to be a proper brand and are honest guys trying to create a quality product.

As far as I am aware this product is pretty unique with only the Onan X1/X2, the mellow drive and the Eon being out there. Personally I wanted to support Landwheel over the Onan. To me it seemed that even the smallest touches made me feel like they were trying to create something of quality. But I am really frustrated how they couldn’t fix their previous problems. I know this thread is for landwheel but what do you guys think of the Onan X2. When the X1 was out I wanted to support Landwheel, but I just found out about the X2 and it does seem really good…Can they be trusted?

Michael

2 Likes

I personally think it’s their testing methods and who tests them…

I doubt very highly they have guys close to 200lbs testing… maybe 150lbs at the most soaking wet

And def not enough real world :earth_americas: useage … not everyone has nice plazas to ride around or factory floors or parking lots…of course QC isn’t up to snuff…

I’m sure they are trying to make a good product but their engineers don’t seem to be sk8ers and seem out of touch with the stresses that are put on electronics when placed on a piece wood or carbon fiber riding on wheels that don’t absorb any shocks and vibrations.

They need to go back to the design stage and resolve their common issues

Wonder what the odds of possibly fixing the bad drives we received with an alternate controller/receiver. Anyone know what hardware could be set up to make these things useful on some level? Something tells me I’m on the right forum to get a realistic answer because almost everyone on here seems awesome…

Yeah I agree. For the Onan X2 it says 40% grade I think. But in brackets it says “tested with someone who is 65kg”. I am sure it is similar for Landwheel

LW told me there’s no one there that is “this big” when I told them my height and weight. I told them to just carry a 50lb bag of rice while testing

3 Likes

exactly…but seriously…that’s what they need…a bag of rocks to put more stress on the systems … I bet then would end up with better products

haha. It is a shame though as they are so close to a great product but also so far away. I lived and worked in China and although this is a stereotype, many of them lack initiative. If we all invested in a similar product I am sure we would be able to do it haha.

Hi I am new here. I wear wondering thad is landwheel really thad bad or is it worth of buying?

Not sure what the issue is with the drives, but putting a set of Vescs in can only help.

Is anyone willing to sell me their broken one to try fixing?

Hey Do you know is this landwheel model new or old version? https://f2rq3.app.goo.gl/?link=http%3A%2F%2Fm.alibaba.com%2Fproduct%2F60479885638%2FHigh-quality-four-wheels-dual-brushless.html&apn=com.alibaba.intl.android.apps.poseidon&ibi=com.alibaba.sourcing&isi=503451073&amv=69 (last link was worng)

I’m not sure you can fit a vesc INSIDE the enclosure. probably need to be on the outside. And if there’s an issue with the motors and battery connect/disconnect due to vibration that’s a lot of fixing

DO NOT buy one now. They are working on a revision at the moment to work out the issues I (and others) are having