The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

@Mikenopolis I can tell you exactly what is making that noise. I had the same problem with my friend’s torqueboards hub motor. I won’t take up space to describe it here, but scroll to the bottom if you want the details on the problem: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/torqueboards-hub-motor-review/7239

interesting. BUT mine is slightly different as it is smooth when it’s upside down or with no weight on it. it is only when I ride it that it makes the noise.

I’ll let Landwheel know. I don’t really want to mess with it and have them say it voids their one year warranty

It may be slightly different but the load on the motors could slightly outweigh the magnetic force allowing for your coils to grind against it. With the problem that I had it would grind sometimes and not others, so yours could simply be less out of place compared to the hub I worked with. Looking at how this land wheel thing has worked out so far I’d be willing to bet the problem is simply cheap epoxy

good to know it might be a simple fix. the sound is coming from both units (maybe all four motors?) That’s crazy % of failure then.

Also if it’s cheap epoxy, then would all the magnets eventually fall off as well with the vibration?

Yep, that is a potential problem. If it is indeed cheap epoxy then that could be magnets across all four motors meaning that you’d have to reapply for most if not all :confused:

LW is reading this forum. So I hope this helps with repairs and future production. Thanks for your insight

I received a replacement from LW and it too failed after about 10 min. One of the wheels simply won’t turn under power. They replied by sending me instructions on how to disassemble the drive housing and disconnect two wires. Been out of town and haven’t tried the fix yet but i assume unplugging wires will result in either bypassing protection or disabling functionality. Curious to see result…`

I have my 2nd on and did the recommened repair but it doesn’t work. The board works on its back and the wheels spin. With a rider the power cut off and sometimes turns off. I don’t think they tested it with a rider .

Anyone else have this issue ? It did ride well for about 10 minutes but that’s it .

When it’s did work it was really good very quiet and powerful. So I hope they get it together .

hi guys i did recieve my landwheel 2 days ago i had a few spins with it . i have the pu loose wheel problem . seems like the motor it not attached well to the truck il try to upload a video of it .

Mine is no longer working. It goes a few feet and turns off, I would turn it back on again and it would go a for a bit and turn off again. No wires melted, but I never even had a chance to ride it much

@Mikenopolis how did landheel respond ?

Eileen (sales person) is forwarding my video/s and issue to her boss and their R&D people. She told me that their European customers are still waiting for their units due to customs. She wants to see what everyone else’s issues are as well.

I was told not to worry and that I will be getting replacements once solutions are found. I have to agree with her that there’s no point in sending a replacement that will probably have the same problems. Time will tell if they are going to stand behind their warranty.

What is odd is that they are not asking me to just send them back my faulty units so they can use it to figure out the sources of failures. They just need to get a 125lbs person, and somehow suit him up with 80lbs and they can replicate my issues perfectly.

They finally replied to me as well and said they are looking into it. I think they tested the boards without a rider. I had someone very light try it and it still did the same thing as mikenoplos said .

Hubs are addictive. Riding my Boosted and DIY felt so weird afterwards

Same issue here hub borthers. I received my replacement yesterday, I had a 3km test ride and it was ok, then this morning one motor failed.

was yours a replacement after the 1st batch’s failure or was this a 3rd batch?

I was in the first batch, it was ordered in July.