The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

I asked and this was the response today. Their ETA for V3 is December 2016. I assume there will be delays like everyone else.

1 Like

Curious what the new design is… if you get pictures please share. :slight_smile:

well let’s hope for the best. I was told December as well…but from past experiences I won’t be surprised if it gets delayed further haha

They posted up a clip of a n00b testing a unit on instagram https://www.instagram.com/landwheel_skateboard. not much to see really

Got a new update from someone at Landwheel:

See screenshots attached

2 Likes

nice to see that these guys are working hard , switching to 10 S and 85kv seems a good idea if the tao tao can handle it it is the same chipset as in the hooverboards . esc wise these guys can learn a lot

Thanks for getting us that update. glad to see the battery contact redesign. I just hope the wheel clicking issue gets solved. Loved the quietness of that 30 initial seconds I rode it before it starting being noisy.

Awesome update and that battery terminal is exactly what they needed. :slight_smile:

Glad they’re changing the battery design. The last one failed pretty spectacularly on me.

3 Likes

ultimate beta tester

I’m no techy or engineer. Can someone explain to me what these changes mean?

I think the new battery connection has more “surface” connection than before, hence better connectivity, meaning being able to take a bigger power load. Same for the taotao pcb, since it’s meant to be of a higher quality I guess it’ll handle power better than the previous one.

One thing is that they added an extra metal cylinder over the motor which concerns me because it is slick, so the PU wheel might spin.

So not only will the old broken drives I have be worthless, so will the two batteries? I agree the battery needs a new design, but it would have been cool to have a few extra batteries. Hopefully there will be a way to modify them to fit the new design. Anyone heard any update on when V3 will ship out? Damn, we have become a product-failure family of sorts because of this. Where does everyone live? I’m in the Bay area, CA.

I am in the Netherlands near the German border ! They properly delay the eta my guess early next year . I am trying to sell my old one here in Netherlands If that doesn’t work I might use the hubs for a 6 s board

But the battery is what 12 cells? A max of 20amps? Don’t waste your time and money on something that wouldn’t go up a hill here in sf without killing the cells while going slow besides.

1 Like

Agree, it’s one thing to gamble your money on these things, but if you have hills, stay the hell away. I’m glad I have nothing but flats where I am.

London

They said end of this month…now saying end of this month/early January.

My guess it gonna be like februari , march

With all things, you should just expect a delay. I rather them take more time to work out all possible issues. I’m not sure I even want to use it when I get it until someone posts an all clear, I mean to have melting wires and battery housing, to clicking wheels and cracking cases, the version TWO was problematic. Who knows what issue V3 will have

I have two of these on order (new model landwheel l3’s) I’ll post a full review when i get them… and i’ll probably only be keeping one (2 was the minimum order required) , so if anyone is interested in picking the other one up off me let me know