The LANDWHEEL electric hub drive

I decided to try the Onan X2 for that reason which I just got today. I haven’t ridden it yet but what frustrates me is Landwheel are doing everything right aesthetically and their products have so much more potential. But of course what matters at the end of the day is how they ride…or well if they actually work haha. I don’t know why but I so much prefer landwheel as a brand and company, but they can’t seem to get the simple stuff right .

Hi guys, believe it or not my second unit turned to km with a charger, the second test turned to other 13/14 km at speeds in excess of plain 35 km/h. Now the connectors were crushed inside then get little energy but nothing burned. I must say that for what I tested the drive isn’t bad indeed the driving feel is truly pleasant and enjoyable. Sorry my English I think a thicker wheel can be better

Can you be specific is this the new model with the new connectors ore the general talked in the above topic?

I bought the first landwheel in July, the first one went short now this is the second version In my opinion these engines have a great potential I was lucky enough to test the second drive in a good way With modifications I think you can get a good product My second drive for now does not work you have advice on repair this connector? As far as driven I repeat it is an excellent engine I have exceeded the speed of 35km/h For how I see it not all decks are good to assemble these engines Battery Plate Flex Curtains I have built this dedicated deck out before doing the second Test

panicboards: Unfortunately all of the second versions were faulty. It is the third version we are all now waiting for and we hope will work

to make it clear: Landwheel is NOT TESTING ANYTHING!!! they don´t know how to do that. step on the board, turn it on, go 20 seconds, turn it off. thats their testing. you can wait 10 more revisions, there still will be issues.

you can take any part from this skateboard. ANY!! its too weak, wrong material, wrong dimension… they don´t know what they are doing.

@bbq870 dude? Rough night ? Do you have a landwheel or not ? People are interested in these don’t be like that . we all now that they ain’t the best at testing but the customer did that for them now .so a little patience they start from scratch

dude, I live in China. all my comments are based on 1st person experience. I am in design/development over 15 years. I deal with this on a daily base. (in fareast)

Landwheel told me they have superior parts inside, best quality yada, yada, yada. serious? melting battery terminal? if I was a “normal user” I would call that a blatant lie. but as I have some experience with Cn suppliers, I don´t believe everything.

and yes, I have a board. one? no, multiple. since months I just hear b****sht from them. honestly, I think they don´t know what they are doing. my humble opinion: Landwheel is worse than the "standart"chinese supplier. after multiple attempts, they still lie to me. that is un-acceptable.

my litte story: early 2016 they told me to get one sample in July before going back to Europe. I had to rebook my flight 3 times, because: no board, no communication, misinformation,…broken electronics… and all this after months of back and forth by email, and telephone.

if you want to import these “toys” you must be patient with them. good luck for you!! not me (any more)

rough night? yes, but that involved too much sangria ; ) not e-boards

ps: next time I go back to Europe, I will bring 2 landwheel, 1 onan and many other parts. (half of them is broken) and sell them for 1€ on ebay

3 Likes

@bbq870 , well stated, from reading you had alott more shit to deal with from these guys. my experience with the board is kinda good it rides good till the thing shorted after a month but they are very helpfull to me , but that could be just the sales rep . i am not invested in the company or anything and it is not my main driver so it is kind of fun fooling around with the different models .

I am new in here. seems too late. I got my Landwheel last Oct., same issues. but they update the details modified on FB, also email. I think i will give them the last chance this time.

1 Like

I spoke te the sales rep again they need another 5 tot 10 days she said before shipping

Thanks for the update. Is it Eileen? She didn’t have a update for me when I asked last week.

@Mikenopolis yes this is Eileen

I have two of the new model LW’s shipping on the 15th. i’ll give a full review once they come in for anyone interested.

nice box… Hope what’s inside is better or else we’ll have to ride that box until v4

1 Like

Nice box!!! The next best thing to having a board that works as you can just look at the box. Safer

1 Like

@detroitwheelin please do. I think mine will come a little later. By the way you know the guys at landwheel do read this. Not that it’s a bad thing, but thought you I’d mention it. Out of interest where is everyone on here from and what do you plan on doing with it (if it all works etc.), i.e. for personal use/sell ?

i’m considering becoming a reseller , but need enough time to fully test these. I’m gonna build one longboard and one cruiser style

1 Like

Southern California here. I ride a Boosted 2 (until that battery issue came up) and an awesome DIY. The Boosted is comfortable because of the flex, and the DIY is good for long distance when I actually want to get somewhere further than 3 miles from the house.

I bought the LW because I want to just keep a board at the office to run out for lunch. I liked the idea of just slapping it on any deck as I have three decks just sitting there these days.

1 Like

Has anyone received or been told when they will receive their V.3?