The iBoard | Loaded Vanguard | SK3 6382 168kv | 10S Lipo | VESC ESC | 83 mm Enertion Powerwheels

Damn fraaaaaannnkk back at it again with the white IKEA box :sunglasses: Looks already nice. How much did you pay for the lipos?

$40.77 each :slight_smile:

1 Like

Each?! Dang. Those are expensive. Zippy’s with the same stats come in at 23$ per battery… FYI

Where did you find those prices?

1 Like

Currency exchange probs

What kind of charger do you use?

I went for the blue Turnigy batteries as I have very good experience with those from the RC industry. :slight_smile:

@moose I use a Turnigy Reaktor 300W

Nice, do you charge the batteries in parallel then? Because thats a 6s charger right? Btw, really impressive build!

Thanks! :smiley:

Currently I just take the batteries out of the box, and charge them separately. I haven’t figured out a way to charge them in-box yet, and I’m not sure I’ll do that, because I don’t mind taking them out. I’ll see when I get the right enclosures! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where’d you get the built in power supply version of that charger? How do you like it? I’m not really in the market for a new charger, but that information might be useful for someone who is.

I really like it. Reliable charger. There’s some fan-noise though. I got it from Hobbyking, like everything else :stuck_out_tongue: Chose it solely because of the built in PSU http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/_77311__Turnigy_Reaktor_300W_20A_AC_DC_Synchronous_Balance_Charger_Discharger_EU_Plug_EU_Warehouse.html

1 Like

A small update on the app I’m controlling the board with. Design still not finalized, but I think I know which direction to go design wise. The app now shows real time speed, and this is a screenshot I took while riding:

P.S. Personal record is now 41 km/h. Damn this thing goes fast

EDIT: Another small update: Took a trip through city, 11,73 km. Went home and charged the batteries, to discover that I’d only use 3900 mAh out of the 5000 :smiley: If I push the usage to 4700 mAh, that gives me a range of approx. 14km. DAMN!

5 Likes

Hobbyking. West Warehouse US

1 Like

Well, those are 3-cell, not 5-cell as he uses :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

14KM with a 10S 5Ah setup is not much though. I get the same with just 6S 5Ah. You have 3.7105=185Wh while I have only 111Wh. Either your drivetrain is very ineffcient (belt too tight for example), your route is tough on the batteries (a lot of hills?) or you are just riding it with lots of braking and accelerating.

Or he just rides max speed all the time…

1 Like

Then the 11km should not have taken him 30min…

Maybe he was going slow and fast during the ride?

Then my initial statement about him riding with lots of braking and accelerating is right.

1 Like

I think a lots of stops and gos if he was in a city with traffic.