The Bouncer 35,5" | CarvOn V2 Dual | Dual VESC | 12S LiPo

Thanks mate! Still working on soldering the cables and figuring out the enclosure

Thanks ! The weather is getting better, barely snow here in Helsinki :sunglasses: The problem now is the road salt and the gravel

Bench tested the setup today and I think I have to limit the max RPM. Damn that urethane wobbles and expands! Good luck that the wheels did not flew off!

And this is the state of the build now. I have couple of lunch boxes from IKEA (from the homeland of the VESC) as a project boxes before I figure out better enclosure system.

I think I have to trim down the cables if I want to use FOC

Looking good man, can’t wait to see you hit the streets! Remind me - unless I’m unaware - what does trimming cables have to do with FOC?

Thanks! What I understand is that the cables should not be longer than 20cm when using the FOC. Something to do with the inductance and/or too small capacitors

This isn’t true. I can run FOC without any faults with much longer cables than 20cm. This is on version 4.12 with the extra capasitance on C18. I saw @elkick post awhile ago and could not replicate the same issues he was experiencing.

Sweet board looking board, looks like it is going to be a lot of fun!

You are right, after the C18 mod (I implemented that at the first week of Feb) the fault was gone. Still, I think the quality of wires and caps (!) matters when using long battery cables.

Thanks for the tip! I have the 4.10 versions so I have to think about should I try the FOC or not.

If you switch out the capacitor @ C18 to a 4.7uf 16v it will perform better.

Have to give it a try! Thanks

Mounted everything on the board and tested the flex :muscle:

2 Likes

That looks great! Perfect fit with those containers. How did you mount them onto the board?

1 Like

Ikea microwave containers ? Noice !

Used normal screws, for now :grin:

Yup! Just spray painted these http://m.ikea.com/fi/fi/catalog/products/art/70128585/ These even have a small cap to let the steam out

Went for the first ride. Started inside a ice hockey rink (minus the ice of course) in a case of a runaway. First tried the Nyko Kama but it felt unnatural (fell once because weird twitch!) and changed to GT2B with Badwolf. I think there is too much interferience and I ride goofy while holding the controller in the right hand, like @RunPlayBack.

After switching to GT2B and fine tuning the settings, this setup feels like snowboarding in a concrete butter :sunglasses:

And finally the Winter is turning to the Spring.

Mr. Bouncer sunbathing next to the melting Baltic Sea

2 Likes

Great photo! Congrats on the build, I know it’s been a long time coming especially with the weather. :smile: I can’t seem to find it on the thread but what lipo config are you using and how do you monitor the voltage? Care to share your VESC settings as well? Thanks man

Congrats. How many amps can you pull from those batteries per motor?

It seems the space cells 15 amps per motor did not cut it for my dual carvons, and blew a vesc out on a 2+ mile long slight uphill. They really need as many amps as you can get them, which with the vesc, would be 50 per motor.

Thanks! I have 3x 4S nanotech 6000mah 25C. I have set the VESC voltage cut-off around 3,3V. I dont have any external display for the voltage.

I’ll post the VESC settings when I tune it next time :sunglasses: