Sweet Decks to make ⚡️Electric - Post your suggestions

to put it into perspective: I weight around 85kg with clothes on, shoe size eu 44!

• landyachtz topspeed was cool (off the shelf too stiff imo, nice rocker, pretty high concave, slightly exaggerated wheel wells imo, discontinued)

• loaded cantellated tesseract is amazing (pretty stiff, but some mild flex so it doesnt feel dead, very agile, amazingly flexible stance - youll find a cool spot everywhere with every foot, feels just great under the feet, has a kick tail, can go really ANY speed)

• loaded vanguard flex 2 (42") is hands down my best board (= best carver and long distance tourer, I would say the tesseract is the better allrounder though, at least when you are riding a lot in urban environments)

• jet spud will have to prove itself yet, its a pretty unique design though: very short, very wide and a pretty large wheelbase, very strong concave and wheel wells - its a fun concept. also very cheap and pretty light unlike the 2 loaded boards which are both, expensive and heavy :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Another thread abt Decks:

Personally i ride a Pogo roadkill (non-electric).

Truncated Tesseract

2 Likes

I use my own decks :stuck_out_tongue: #builtfromstrach #hardwork #cncmilleddeck

6 Likes

I make my own as well. No CNC mill, always believed in handcrafted items

Lol

This reply should be on this post :wink:

I’ve got a top mount 42" Winterstick Pintail which I’m toying with turning into an eboard. Carves awesome. But at my weight it’s a bit too flexy… So thinking maybe build it for someone lighter or figure out how to build so the electrics don’t suffer from the flex.

How would you guys do that - put the electrics in two boxes, near each truck, then mount the batteries vertically or horizontally, running the wires btw the two…?

Where do you put the ESC’s on that board? Underneath in enclosure?

How many cells will fit is that?

Is there a build thread for that one? Maybe I missed it.

Tell us more :slight_smile:

I make my own.

6 Likes

The original hollow core. :wink:

8 Likes

Yup… Evohex has made Ollin tribute board

I also got this deck, but not sure if SCP4 will fit :confused:

SCP4’s dimension of 560mm X 205mm X 31mm El jefe wheelbase : 600mm long, narrowest points(middle of the board) : 210mm wide.

I think it would fix fine, but be aware of the motor mount if u place it inward(between trucks), b/c by doing so, u can utilize the kicktail. U have 40mm left for it, which i think just enough.

Edit: 40mm is kinda tight, depends on which mount u use.

I think it will fit, but the question is motor clearance. I’m using Dexter’s motor mount. I’ll post a pic when the spacecell comes, but already thinking of a new deck to use in case.

El Jefe is just so sweet, those gas pedals though!

My board is similar to to chakas, but I have concave. I know it probably looks like I copied him to some degree, but i had this idea over a year ago, I just wasn’t able to make it until a few weeks ago.

I finished up the lid today. It looks like one solid piece with the lid. I plan to add 2 more layers to the bottom for strength. No build thread yet. I’m debating how to fit everything inside. I have these 16Ah batteries, but they take up the entire hollow space. So I need to use a smaller battery so I can fit the quad vesc’s inside. I’m leaning on making this 11Ah 12s battery from a bunch of little lipos. But idk if the tabs on the cells have an amp limit. So I’m still debating how to fit everything inside.

I know right. I like the look of it, it has a kicktail which is helpful for sharp turn. Nice w concave pretty stiff. yeah I think i will fit too. I’m waiting for my parts and it is killing me awweee.

@chaka How thick is that in total, and any noticeable effect / difference when riding?

I really admire chaka’s and your effort to sink electronics completely into the board and I dont think there is a copyright on “sinking in electronics into your board” :stuck_out_tongue: . the thing i really dont like about these kind of decks is: they always look like tanks cause they need to have at least 2cm height to accomodate 18650 cells. aesthetically its much more pleasing to MY eyes at least with a slim board edge and a partially sunk in enclosure, which you barely notice from typical viewing angles (unless you are VERY short :joy: ). if I would sink in my electronics into a board, I would probably go with flat lipo pouches to get rid of the tank looks.

or maybe center the cells and slim down the edges to normal board levels, so it looks just like strong concave from the usual viewing angles! that would be an elegant way to “hide” the thickness in a visually pleasing way!

Likewise, I think screwing containers to the bottom of a longboard makes them look like a pregnant guppy or a package of lunchables. :laughing: Plus, how else are you going to fit 70+ cells on a deck? Personally I find the thickness of my decks to be visually pleasing, thin decks look inadequate to me know. :stuck_out_tongue: I can feel your frustration though, it is not easy to make decks in this fashion. You may think routing out the bottom of the deck and bolting a tray is a good idea but you will probably end up with cracking and eventual failure if you ride aggressively. Boards should have some backbone.

I also want to add that I in no way think I should be the only one making hollow core composite eboards. The more people making them the better!

We now have another term for the eboarding lexicon, the lunchable!

5 Likes

you know, I decided against composite materials. I’m going all all wood. I had a layer offiberglass on the bottom that I ripped off yesterday as It didn’t look the best (never really dried, even after a week in the sun) and it doesn’t need it. My deck is strong enough as it is right now, but theres screw holes visble from the bottom, some I’m going to do 2 more layers on the bottom to cover the holes and give just a bit of extra strength. So far with the lid, I’m at 20 layers, might end up at 22 total (16 layers is 1 inch.

I personally think the enclosures on the bottom are ugly. I’d rather have a thicker deck with all the componets inside rather than an enclosure bulding out.)

1 Like