Skywing 120A esc , REVIEW after very short term use

Yeah no that’s fair enough, it’s just, I wanted it for my son & daughter’s board and it’s easier if you don’t have to kick off first with them… We’ll see how they get on.

I don’t kick off it just starts properly, and as soon as remote is connected breaks are on until a push from throttle soo even if i wanted to kick it wont allow

1 Like

So your saying that unless you have the throttle pulled in it will brake?

I think he’s saying only when you first turn it on…

Ahh ok I guess that’s kinda a benefit then if you start on a hill your board won’t roll away lol. You could just pull the trigger in a little then get on and push start tho

Exactly!!..

I see there’s a 150a esc too

As well as an 80a and I think I saw a 60a one too

Not fun. Sorry.

Wait what’s not fun?

Thanks for this quick review I was also considering a cheaper alternative esc and running 6S has the potential to be cheaper and lighter too. I am not asking for insane speeds…

By the way does mean you can never kick off? I like to manually kick off the board before I apply some juice… This won’t allow me to do it?

Nope… It won’t

But it has ramping start soo its actually good, it starts very smoothly even without sensors, but i haven’t tried with any other remote ,i have programmed my wii nunchuck in such way that if i dont press z button it register as break , iguess if that is out of the case then may be it will allow to Kickoff(just assuming)

Hello, it sounds really great!! Please can you send me your code? Im planning to do bluetooth (arduino mini pro+HM5(HM10) module) but searching for better solution of my remote. :slight_smile: Thanks <3

Sure, mine is not on bluetooth though its on stx882 transmitter reciver. 433mhz i guess works like a charm , pmme i will send you code

Just received mine. Havent tested it yet but looks like a quality piece.

2 Likes

Really interested to hear how this works out. I thought I had ordered one but somehow have left it in the basket! I would have been waiting quite some time! May as well hear how you get on before I order one now.

Mine arrived the other day. I’ll try it in my son’s board as soon as I’ve got the time and let people know what it’s like…

1 Like

I just made a quick banchtest. It works. Tomorrow Ill do a quick testride and then get back to you.

2 Likes

using: Skywing 120A sk3 6374 149kv 6s multistar lipo Mini remote 15 teeth motor and 36 teeth wheel pulley kegels

I can not recommend it. It goes way too fast way too rapidly to be used safely. Same for the breaks.

If anyone is interested I sell mine for 20€ + shipping.

2 Likes