Skatey 800/fiik big dady/ superstar - Lead acid to LiPo conversion

Sweet build dude ! @mountainboardlover69 How’s the board running after all this time. I’m debating lithium ion vs lithium polymer. I’m leaning towards lithium ion because of the ease of charging and built in BMS.

I fell off my 1600w Mototec mountain board at about 20 mph onto concrete once. Hit both my knees and my right wrist. I was off the board for like 6 weeks while I recovered after that. Fortunately I had a thin jacket on and jeans so I didn’t bleed to much but I 1000% agree with getting some safety gear. I wore a full face helmet, knee pads, and gloves after that. Got made fun of alot but I don’t care lol

1 Like

hey man i sold the board a year or 2 back, i would higly recomend the swap, well wort it, if u got the tools to build a 18650 pack go for it charging with a bms saves so mutch hassel :stuck_out_tongue: and u can fit way more batterys in the box

1 Like

@mountainboardlover69 thank you so much I really appreciate the feedback. I already took out 12 volt batteries to get a feeling for how like the board would be without them and I’m definitely excited. I think I’m going to end up buying a 10S4P Lithium-Ion from PitbullelectricSkateboards.com cause I can’t find another seller that makes a pack that size for the same or less price. Do you think I can make my own pack for less and still be as reliable?

Also, what range did you get out of it with that pack that you put in?

u wil draw about 25wh-30wh per km, but the pack in the pick can only discharge 40A my board could easly draw 70A so if i was you i woudent go for this battery

1 Like

:exploding_head: Wow I’m so glad that I didn’t get that one. This one is rated for an 800w motor. I don’t see the A draw rating, but do you think it will be better cause it’s rated for an 800w motor?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07Y8F5ZVW/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A3D07RFBPK5QF8&psc=1

no, the 800w on my board was the normal draw the max draw I ever did was 75A so that would be closer to 3000W i think a 12s5p 30q pack would be a great option, not to big in price and some nice range and power :stuck_out_tongue:

I read somewhere that 12S would over volt the controller and potentially fry the system. That’s why I was going for 10S . I’m really greatful for your advice as this is the first time I ever venture into anything electrical. So I need something that can handle up to 3000w? The previous batteries were 3 12v 9ah

can u send me a pic of the full bottom of the board, yes i think 3000W would be good, my board took 12s totaly fine

Thank you for the help! I did some math and realized the $260 I paid for the board plus another $200-300 for a new pack did not make sense considering the outdated tech/size/weight of this board. I will buy a 12v to replace the one that’s gone bad and ended up buying an N2G dual motor lithium electric longboard for $350 and I’ve got to say I love it and it only weighs 20 lbs! I’ll fix the Mototec board and end up selling it. Thanks again guys!