Skatey 800/fiik big dady/ superstar - Lead acid to LiPo conversion

Ok, got your point now!

uh 4 of them is sure a lot… I think you can fit only 2 of them on the board right?

6 lol I know they are not my ones (2 of them are) the are from a friend of my he has the same board as I have. But he doesn’t know shit about volts and amps so he asked me to do it for him witch I did

1 Like

I had a look at the ESC this week-end and it is quite complicated to have access without dismantling everything, so I think I will just connect the battery when I get it and see how it goes. It’s not a LIPO it’s a Li-ion 10S4P with BMS and anti-spark. So the voltage is the same as my lead-acid. I have also changed the tires. i had the same as you and i bought more road-type tires, although they are still quite big (8" but very wide). I am sure you could fit MTB wheels on these trucks, but then you would have to re-think the pulley arrangement as it is a very specific system with a three bolts holder. The whole thing seems of pretty good quality, but the parts are heavy.

1 Like

Either change the springs (tightness) or the - angle / wedge, For maximum stability, I believe the ‘‘truck angle’’ should be maximum parallel to ground… Not like this:

| /

But like this:

| ----

Also, did you fall when riding normally or when pressing the ‘‘gas’’?

I got extreme wobble today when I sqeezed the trigger waay much… some ppl call this ‘‘gunning’’… either way after the acceleration, if you let go of the trigger, the board starts to slow down rapidly and this causes the wobble… at least it did in my case :wink:

woud like to tel u bit i dont know any ting of the crash but that is normal for a severe concussion woud like to tel u tho

That’s the new tires I bought also. What batteries do you have inside?

I am struggling to put the belt back on the wheel pulley. The access is not easy with the protecting plate

@jga Sorry it is from ebay. If it helps it’s called eight balls or similar.

Yes, I had recognized the Eight Ball deck :wink:

just order some safety gear

3 Likes

@mountainboardlover69 Hey hi!

Did you have to pay Tax / customs when you received your batteries? Im planning to perhaps get something similar… but I dont want to pay the EU customs tax :\ since they are only available from china (global) hobbyking site… - the 6s 10ah multistar lipo

No i Dident have any taxes :ok_hand:

Did u get them from eu warehouse?

They dont sell these anymore for eu…

Nope got the from Hongkong

I assume they ship to NL from Hong Kong but not other countries then :confused:

idk btw my friend got did got inporttaxes

But u didnt right? I assume u was lucky then :slight_smile: what’s the distance with.new batteries? Have u tested?

je i dint got any taxes :joy: wel my friend never pay for the taxes thow i dont know how but he told me he didnt pay for the tax 4 monts later stil no bil for him idk how

1 Like

Hey,

thanks for the information in the topic! I have 2 skatey’s the same one u have. The range is decent of the lead acid battery’s but I want to have a better range. So after reading this topic I wondered what the range is of your board (with the lipo’s)? Also are the lipo battery’s working better than the lead acid ones?

hey man sry i am a bit late but whit a 16ah battery around 1,5 hr drive time at nearly full speed for 90 % of the time , btw if ur still looking for some lipo batterys and ur close 2 the netherlands i can hook u op , i make custom batterys , hit me up if ur intrested

Hey I also live in the netherlands (Zeeland), and I am still looking for some lipo battery’s for my skatey!