Simple 3D-printed NRF remote - Arduino controlled

i soldered 22awg to one of those fuckers once

1 Like

3 Likes

Ooo, do I spy an Eva-themed remote? :wink:

2 Likes

To go along with my “01” board :wink:

Does anybody have a guide that I could follow on how to put the arduino code onto the nano chip? I’m somewhat lost, and keep getting the following error message. I have included RollingGeckos .zip library.

I’m not really aware of any guides per se, but you’re gonna want to change the board type to Arduino Nano. The ide thinks you’re using an Arduino Uno instead.

I played around with it and managed to adjust the ide to Arduino Nano. But man that compiling error still exists. Do you think there is some kind of Compiler I need to download in addition to the ide? I appreciate the help.

Besides libraries, the ide has everything you need to build for the nano.

The error message is somewhere in there. Expand the output area so you can see it. Probably missing a library or something is my guess.

1 Like

Aha! You are correct, it was indeed missing a directory…? Should I try and start from scratch or is this a simple thing I missed including somewhere.

Yeah so I re-downloaded everyting including: the arduino ide, Both rollingGecko’s .zip library, and Solidgeeks ino, and I have the same fatal error…

I’m sorry for being a noob, with the noobiest software such as arduino’s but I do not know what I am doing wrong.

you need to download/install that library “U8g2lib”

further more check to see if nano has Ch340 on bottomside this would mean its a china clone(ebay) and would need to download/install the “ch340 driver”

could also try and just run the “blink” script on the nano and see if onboard led blinks. if it blinks your all good, if not do the above ch340

1 Like

Hey, Thank you for responding. I do not know where to get that specific library. Is it as simple as googling it from the internet?

I also do not see the print Ch340 on the bottom of the nano, and I’m not quite sure how to run a blink script, but when I connect the micro USB to the nano it does blink.

Any thoughts?

3 ways …

1. in Arduino IDE

Sketch (tab) include library (tab) Manage libraries -use filter/search bar “u8g2lib” -click on it and hit install

1. google,download .zip file and… in Arduino IDE

Sketch (tab) include library (tab) -add .ZIP library (tab) - follow to where you downloaded it to

1. google,download .zip file and copy & paste to arduino libraries folder

always good practice to restart IDE after install

1 Like

I am going to work now! Thank you so much!

Okay I got to a point where I believe I have downloaded all the necessary libraries. Now when I tried to upload the code, I think my computer and the board cannot talk to one another as I have been stopped at this pop-up.

Could “COM1” be something that my mac needs to know about the serial address in order for the nano and mac to shake hands?

I’m sorry I’m having to trouble this forum with questions, but I haven’t found answers or a guide on how to set this up elsewhere.

i had the same problem after updating some files which poped up in arduino ide software. dont click on that ‘‘update boards…’’ message. now i cant use my main computer for this reason. i installed everything fresh on my old laptop and it works fine. so my suggestion would be to try another computer and dont update anything except for the library updates.

in Arduino IDE -tools tab -port tab

select “COM” (in your case looks like COM1)

I see what you are suggesting.

How do I find the “COM” or “COM1” in the IDE if it doesn’t show up after selecting tools tab > port tab >

So far it just shows me a list of previous bluetooth devices I’ve connected my Mac to.

be sure YOU @Jcullinan09 get the MAC driver version

Well that fixed the port problem. Now it tried to sync 10 times, and failed.

Do you know what this command window prompt means?

1 Like